What's new

Society of Injector Shavers (the SISSIES)

Beyond the fact that all injectors have similar-looking heads, the two razors are quite different. They are made by two different companies more than ten years apart The Injecto-matic was made by PAL and the Championship (L7) was made by Schick as a commemorative of the Olympic games. The Injecto-matic is a little more agressive, has a tighter head, so it can't take the twin blades, and has a completely different handle. I prefer the Injecto-matic because it gives me a little closer shave. To me, it resembles a Schick Type G in it's shaving feel.

My recommendation would be to get both.
I guess the PAL came first? Judging by looks I find myself going back and forth, the L7 does stand out a bit more from what I'd expect a razor to look like (which I kind of like). I read about the twin blades but not really sure what the benefits are, or where to find them?

Getting both is not an option at the moment, but I admit it's tempting!

I went for the L serie. Afraid the PAL might be too aggressive for a beginner like me and closeness is second to comfort right now. Can't wait to try it out!

@xxvaleria, I have a question for you good sir. I acquired a yellow Lady Eversharp hydromagic injector (type l2, I think) & a pack of blades like this:
91oTaebfrGL._SY355_.jpg

and it all works great (it's for my wife). But I bought the type O clone awhile back but never used it yet. I just tried to use it with those same blades & the Injector stem seems to only go half way & feels way too tight like I might break the razor head trying to get it in there. It goes in the hydromagic with no problems. Am I doing something wrong, or is this the wrong blade? Thanks

D

dangerousrazor

1. 5

2. E2,3 G1, M1

3. Recently Injector 80, SE 15, DE 5

4. E2, because it is one of the best shaving tools ever made.

5. There's no such thing like the least favorite injector. I love them all. I can't talk about injectors that I've never
used.

6. Like I said above, it is one of the best shaving tools and it is really easy to use. Any one who are into classic shaving should try injector!

@xxvaleria, I have a question for you good sir. I acquired a yellow Lady Eversharp hydromagic injector (type l2, I think) & a pack of blades like this:
View attachment 967801
and it all works great (it's for my wife). But I bought the type O clone awhile back but never used it yet. I just tried to use it with those same blades & the Injector stem seems to only go half way & feels way too tight like I might break the razor head trying to get it in there. It goes in the hydromagic with no problems. Am I doing something wrong, or is this the wrong blade? Thanks

The Type O clone heads can be quite tight. I have three, and the first injection of a blade is pretty tight. All I can recommend is to try to inject the blade, and if it breaks, contact eBarbershop for a replacement. They are very reasonable about replacing products that have problems. After the first blade is injected, subsequent blades inject much easier.

1. 5

2. E2,3 G1, M1

3. Recently Injector 80, SE 15, DE 5

4. E2, because it is one of the best shaving tools ever made.

5. There's no such thing like the least favorite injector. I love them all. I can't talk about injectors that I've never
used.

6. Like I said above, it is one of the best shaving tools and it is really easy to use. Any one who are into classic shaving should try injector!

Welcome to the SiSSIES. I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying your injectors.

View attachment 967801
Steve already responded, but I wanted to add a little to his response. My Type O clone also is a bit stiff to inject into at times. I have two others that I haven't checked yet (but probably should). The one I use requires gentle steady pressure to insert the key. It also requires me to place my nondominant hand on the opposite side of the head to provide counter pressure. The key has to be lined up exactly parallel to the slot for me to get the key inserted. I actually slightly bent the key on my magazine of Personna blades when I was first trying to use it.

My head did seem to nearly come apart once as well on it. It resolved by removing the key, manually realigning the head slightly with pressure towards the center of the razor from each side of the head, then starting over doing the procedure I described above. Haven't had an issue since.

Sorry for the long winded reply, but hope that was helpful. Fwiw, I don't find the Chinese Schick blades quite sharp enough for the O clone. I prefer the twin blades in it, but they're definitely a bit more difficult to obtain. Wish eBarbershop would sell them as well, but c'est la vie.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The Type O clone heads can be quite tight. I have three, and the first injection of a blade is pretty tight. All I can recommend is to try to inject the blade, and if it breaks, contact eBarbershop for a replacement. They are very reasonable about replacing products that have problems. After the first blade is injected, subsequent blades inject much easier.

Steve already responded, but I wanted to add a little to his response. My Type O clone also is a bit stiff to inject into at times. I have two others that I haven't checked yet (but probably should). The one I use requires gentle steady pressure to insert the key. It also requires me to place my nondominant hand on the opposite side of the head to provide counter pressure. The key has to be lined up exactly parallel to the slot for me to get the key inserted. I actually slightly bent the key on my magazine of Personna blades when I was first trying to use it.

My head did seem to nearly come apart once as well on it. It resolved by removing the key, manually realigning the head slightly with pressure towards the center of the razor from each side of the head, then starting over doing the procedure I described above. Haven't had an issue since.

Sorry for the long winded reply, but hope that was helpful. Fwiw, I don't find the Chinese Schick blades quite sharp enough for the O clone. I prefer the twin blades in it, but they're definitely a bit more difficult to obtain. Wish eBarbershop would sell them as well, but c'est la vie.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks Steve & Joel, I got it to work. First shave with the Type O was intuitive, irritation free, & quite easy. Color me impressed from the first shave! Now I'm wondering how much better the twin blades will work. It was a nice change from DE shaving! Wait a sec.....uh-oh....

Agree. I also would put some Vaseline on the key to facilitate entry the first time. It should go in. And it will go in.

Thanks Steve & Joel, I got it to work. First shave with the Type O was intuitive, irritation free, & quite easy. Color me impressed from the first shave! Now I'm wondering how much better the twin blades will work. It was a nice change from DE shaving! Wait a sec.....uh-oh....
Brother Pastor, most shavers "ride the cap" a little for the best injector shaves, i.e. keep the handle raised. Experiment with the angle of the handle.

There is a dramatic improvement when using twin blades, maybe 25% to 50%.

The Schick Injector razor reminds me there is a God in Heaven. The Schick Injector razor also is the reason He put a beard on Adam. Yes?

Last edited:
Brother Pastor, most shavers "ride the cap" a little for the best injector shaves, i.e. keep the handle raised. Experiment with the angle of the handle.

There is a dramatic improvement when using twin blades, maybe 25% to 50%.

The Schick Injector razor reminds me there is a God in Heaven. The Schick Injector razor also is the reason He put a beard on Adam. Yes?

Lol!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just saw an O version for a crazy amount . I didn't know they were so expensive.

Yeah, the original Type Os are pretty expensive. I was lucky to get mine at a "reasonable" price.

It's best to get a Type O clone from eBarbershop. It's virtually the identical razor for a great price.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Like my injector a lot. I got my mild plate for the Supply and will give it a shot tomorrow (today, actually) and see if it improves. So far I prefer my Injector L and eBarbershop clone to the Supply razor. The Supply was very quick to bite, so I'm trying a milder plate.

Yeah, the original Type Os are pretty expensive. I was lucky to get mine at a "reasonable" price.

It's best to get a Type O clone from eBarbershop. It's virtually the identical razor for a great price.

Totally agree.

I like injectors.

I have some that I am waiting and testing meanwhile. When I conclude, I will post for my membership here. Whatever they say, nothing shaves better than an injector. We need only to use them more often.

Like my injector a lot. I got my mild plate for the Supply and will give it a shot tomorrow (today, actually) and see if it improves. So far I prefer my Injector L and eBarbershop clone to the Supply razor. The Supply was very quick to bite, so I'm trying a milder plate.

My experience was similar, my magical friend, but the Supply requires a little different handling yam a Schick. Foe me, it works better with Chick blades then it does with it's own rebranded Personnas.

You caught the reference :) I'm 50 so barely remember radio programs, but got hooked on them about 5 years ago. The only one I actually heard when it was actually played was CBS Radio Mystery Theatre.

Happy to have you aboard. I'm over 70, so I remember lots of the old radio programs, e.g., Tarzan, the Lone Ranger, Suspense, Johnny Dollar, Captain Midnight, etc.

Top Bottom