What's new

Soc ?

I have a SOC badger that I love. Perfect in all aspects. I got the nod from Wolf Whiskers that my name came to the top of the wait list and I am picking my brushes. I'm modeling my order to mimic the SOC brush with regard to size etc.

The question here is, is the SOC knot fan shaped or bulb shaped? Honestly can't tell 100% but was leaning toward bulb shaped. Seems to be a fine line but pics of new SOC brushes appear more bulb shaped.

Thanks.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
The SOC badger I would consider to be a hybrid. Certainly not a bulb but some might call it a fan.

Well to me...this $semogue-owners-club-super-badger-shaving-brush-cherry-handle.jpg

Looks much more like in between the bulb and fan shapes of the two on the left... I would still say it is a hybrid. But that's just me. :001_smile

$IMG_1900.jpg

To my eyes, it looks to have a profile more towards the fan side of things than a bulb... So I don't think you were far off the mark Mike. But yeah, definitely a hybrid.

Thanks for the input. When mine was new I thought bulb but has splayed out a bit with use. Probably closer to fan ish now. I'll go with bulb on my Wolf Whiskers I think. Can't really go wrong either way I guess.

I went with the bulb on my WW. If you are picking from TGN knots as I was the bulb shape seems to get better reviews than the fan. That made up my mind for me.

Top Bottom