What's new

soaps

hey people so i went to this event yesterday and there was a lady selling all sorts of soaps,
she was selling this olive oil soap which has over 70% olive oil in it, think it was this product below
reminds me of the PAA pre shave soap

anyways just made me think that theres so many beneficial soaps out there im yet to try
i did find my african black soap last night and will be using that more often now,
if you dont know about african black soap just go on youtube and search it its supposed to be very good

i also use pine tar soap as a shampoo for my beard and ive used black seed oil soap before too a long time a go that is....

i was wondering if theres any good soaps you could recommend?

i do want to try goats milk soap, tea tree and peppermint soap and a turmeric and honey soap

i'm also interested in looking into and learning how to make my own soaps too

p.s sorry wasnt sure which part of the forum to post this in

I haven't had good luck with shaving soaps sold by local soapmakers selling at markets. You might have some luck, but you are probably better off sticking to the more established soapmakers that are dedicated to shaving.

I haven't had good luck with shaving soaps sold by local soapmakers selling at markets. You might have some luck, but you are probably better off sticking to the more established soapmakers that are dedicated to shaving.
I mean for general use and not just shaving

That olive oil is unlikely to lather well but locally you can find nice shampoos and conditioners in bar shape.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
hey people so i went to this event yesterday and there was a lady selling all sorts of soaps,
she was selling this olive oil soap which has over 70% olive oil in it, think it was this product below
reminds me of the PAA pre shave soap

anyways just made me think that theres so many beneficial soaps out there im yet to try
i did find my african black soap last night and will be using that more often now,
if you dont know about african black soap just go on youtube and search it its supposed to be very good

i also use pine tar soap as a shampoo for my beard and ive used black seed oil soap before too a long time a go that is....

i was wondering if theres any good soaps you could recommend?

i do want to try goats milk soap, tea tree and peppermint soap and a turmeric and honey soap

i'm also interested in looking into and learning how to make my own soaps too

p.s sorry wasnt sure which part of the forum to post this in
The best bar soap I’ve ever used and have used exclusively over the past four or five years is “Grandma’s Pure Lye Soap” - available on Amazon. It is made with lye, lard and water only - no perfumes or other chemicals. It has done wonders for my skin. It works well for shampoo as well but I use Pine Tar soap for that since coal tar soap is no longer available. Probably causes cancer in California. I’ve watched several videos on making lye soap and it looks pretty easy. You have to be really careful with the lye and let the soap cure for six weeks to let the process complete so all the lye is converted. Now that you mention black seed, I eat them with honey. Mohammed said it cures everything but death.

Last edited:
I bought a number of ‘shaving’ soaps from local artisans. Unfortunately, none worked out for shaving.

:sob::sob:

For shaving MWF is my favorite. After reading the praises for Stirling, I finally got a tub. It also is excellent. Razorock XXX and Tabac (tallow) are also good.

Since tallow Tabac is gone I don't recommend getting too attached to it.

For the shower Dr. Bronners pepermint.

Top Bottom