What's new

Soaps with Good Protection

When I shave two days in a row,
my skins need soaps with more protection.
In my limited experiences, Tabac and Valobra do great jobs.
Please recommend more.
Your forthcoming opinions are welcome.
Thank you.

I have sensitive skin and if I need to shave a couple of days in a row, MWF & MdC work the best for me.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Everyones skin is different, but Saponificio Varesino 4.3 is very protective for me. Easy to lather, slick and protective, about as good as it gets IMO. Haslinger gets good reviews too, but I haven't tried it yet.

My Favorites are Saponificio Varesino, Oleo Soapworks canard, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Tabac, Haslinger Schafmilch and Jeeves of Hudson Street currently.

After getting DE razors and working on technique, I can go four days in a row with sensitive skin and being careful. The first soap that allowed this was Cella....then, B&M....then, Stirling. I'm anxious to try my SV and Haslinger pucks.

Before DE, it was normally, one day on, one day off. Sometimes, two days if work required it. Three days in a row was close to torture.

My skin loves any of the WhollyKaw donkey milk varieties..Never any irritation...just an effortless, extremely comfortable, moisturizing, smooth BBS every time.

Saponificio varesino (even 4.0 formula provides solid protection, let alone the more recent 4.3's), Wholly Kaw Donkey Milk (thick with high cushioning properties one could barely feel the blade), and Mystic Waters

All four (I don't have SAD :001_cool:) give me great protection (cushion & slickness) and they are Williams, Clubman puck, B&M and Mickey Lee.

If skin sensitivity is the issue, do what I recently did and add a few drops of pre shave oil.

There are many that'll tell you it does nothing, but that's like giving panadol to someone who doesn't have a headache and them saying it did nothing!

I've been DE shaving for a decade now and everything is as I like it but when my skin gets even a bit dry, the sensitivity jumps five fold!

With pre shave oil (4 drops before shower), this issue has been alleviated.

MWF. Try it, learn it, love it.

After my shave I use my index and middle fingers to squeeze the remaining lather out of my brush and I rub it all over my face and neck. It stays on while I clean up my razor, brush, and sink area. Then I cold water rinse. It’s marvelous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom