What's new

Soaps that smell like Old Spice?

I've tried Mama Bear's Aged Spice and love it. Are there any others? Please don't suggest the original Old Spice soap. I know it exists, but I don't want to pay $30+ for it.

You can get the The Shave Den's Old Spice Type soap for $6.99:

http://www.theshaveden.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=11
Old Spice + menthol..........

Hmmmmmmmm..
proxy.php

HBS makes a nice Old Spice scented soap. It gave me a slight burning so I won't be using it anymore but it's a fine soap for those without sensitivity issues.

Are these soaps modeled after the Old Spice cologne, or after the original Old Spice shaving soap? I bought some from an eBay seller and it smelled like cologne, not like what I recall the Old Spice soap smelling like.

Dave

Matthew, I've found that the Old Spice "homage" soaps by the artisan crafters here fall in to one of two categories: they either smell like the real deal but don't perform anything like it, or they perform well but don't smell like the real deal. I have yet to find a suitable replacement, though Sue at SCS makes the closest yet with her New Spice bar. Mama Bear's Aged Spice performs well, but it doesn't remind me of the Shulton soap at all.

Matthew, I've found that the Old Spice "homage" soaps by the artisan crafters here fall in to one of two categories: they either smell like the real deal but don't perform anything like it, or they perform well but don't smell like the real deal. I have yet to find a suitable replacement, though Sue at SCS makes the closest yet with her New Spice bar. Mama Bear's Aged Spice performs well, but it doesn't remind me of the Shulton soap at all.

Darn it. I just placed an order with SCS yesterday. Oh well, I'll get the New Spice when my Lavender AS runs out and needs to be reordered.

Every time I use Tabac I get some Old Spiciness in my nose (more florals than OS, though).

I like to use the Ivory Club after a Tabac shave.

basically any bay rum scented soap should be somewhat similar to old spice. if you don't want to spend a lot of money the col. conk bay rum soaps are a good choice.

One of the problems with old Old Spice soap, is that it shave great but it does NOT smell like Old Spice because most of the scent is gone after several decades (in my experience). I actually sprinkle a bit of Old Spice aftershave on it to give it a renewed scent (doesn't last).

Top Bottom