What's new

Soaps that perform in hard water

As many of you are aware, I travel extensively for work which requires many over night stays in hotels. At home I have a water softener, and thus have little to no problem making good lather. However; when I travel, some of the products that work well at home perform poorly. With that in mind, I'm looking for recommendations on soaps or creams that perform well with hard water.

Yes; I know I can use distilled water, but I'm usually only in a hotel three or four nights and a full gallon would be a waste.
I’m with ya, I travel for business around 6 months out of the year so I’ve got it nailed down pretty well. Unfortunately my go to products may or may not be discontinued so I might have to switch things up after my stock runs out. My bag contains 3 tubes of Crabtree and Evelyn, morrocan myrhh, Indian sandalwood and West Indian lime. I also have the matching AS balms as they aren’t overpowering as to offend employees or the powers that be. I’ve never had an issue whether it’s at the Hilton and the very few time I got stuck at economic lodge.

Hard soaps that are mass produced generally have EDTA added as a chelating agent and will work well. You can always bring some citric acid with you and mix a small amount in as well to help soften the water.

Top Bottom