What's new

Soaps that are great Autumn.

I know it might be early, but August is winding down and football season is nearly upon us. These are indicators of Autumn being right around the corner to me.

I am an admitted soap addict with no intention of trying to rehabilitate myself. As much as people look to menthol and perhaps citrus (maybe I'm the only one) scented soap for extra duty in Summer, I feel like some Fall scents could be equally satisfying. I have recently figured out that Autumn is my favorite season. The changing leaves, Thanksgiving, cooler weather, and let's not overlook the importance of football season!

I am looking for suggestions from anyone out there as to what might make for a great Fall shave soap, and even though I'm not a cream guy we can include creams too. Just to get people's creative juices flowing... things that make me think of Autumn might be pumpkin, ginger, Halloween, cider, Thanksgiving (although I'm not sure a gravy scented soap is what I had in mind), and perhaps a little bourbon for an evening warmer.

This forum has a summer themed post for soaps, why not a Fall themed one??? I would love to hear anyone's thoughts, and not necessarily limited to soap, maybe even some AS would be interesting.

Last edited:
MWF gets a lot of use in the Fall right through the Winter. Not necessarily for the fragrance, but the way in which the lanolin protects my face.

Last edited:
I have some Tabac, and I can definitely see that. To me it has a little spicy and "warm" kind of scent. How about RazoRock Mudder Focker? That might have to work its way into my Fall rotation.

Another I just thought of. Last year B&M released a Fall seasonal scent called Nocturn. Not sure if they are doing it again this year or not though. If they do it will probably come out around the end of September.

I like me some nice pumpkin ales once fall hits---what's that? This is the SOAP forum? Ah.

Good thread idea, I'm curious about this myself.

I like me some nice pumpkin ales once fall hits---what's that? This is the SOAP forum? Ah.

Good thread idea, I'm curious about this myself.

I personally love when the Oktoberfest brews come out. Does anyone make an Oktoberfest soap???

Blenheim Bouquet, smells like being in a Pine forest, pricey however. I should also note I am using the old forumla cream as I have read a few threads and comments that the formula has changed. If anyone can comment on the new BB I would appreciate.

Gravy and bourbon! Now THAT'S a scent for fall.

But I live in seasonless Southern California, where it hasn't rained in years. The past six months have been 78 degrees here at the beach. Sunny and clear. Every day. No, I am not complaining, but there certainly is no meteorological reason for me to change shaving scents.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I don't really match scents up with seasons, but I do match scents up with times of the year based on nostalgia. For my anniversary in 2013 I used Mike's Lemongrass. I repeated that for my anniversary this year. Last Thanksgiving I used PannaCrema Labdano and it was a memorable choice, so I suspect that will get some use this Autumn also.

As a note, I can't believe it's already Autumn again... I'm 24 now, and I remember my Dad telling me when I was younger that when I get older time would fly. I thought he meant when I was at least in my 30's! A year seems like a pretty short amount of time nowadays.

I'm still new, so I don't have specific soaps to suggest, at least not yet. However, I think warm, woodsy scents would be great during the season. Sandalwood, lavender, etc.

Top Bottom