What's new

Soaps / Body Wash

Any recommendations on body soaps that are natural with EO's. Also, I am interested in the liquid body wash I am hearing good things about Baxters.

Greetings Clark,
Up until about a year or two ago I was a happy camper when using plain old bar soap, Lever 2000, Dial, you name it. Nothing wrong with them. Right? Along comes a birthday and my younger daughter purchases some Crabtree and Evelyn items in a wetpack for me. One of the items was C&E Nomad Body and Hair Wash. It sat for a while and collected dust until SWMBO said, "Why don't you try the gift your daughter gave you?" (SWMBO for Use It NOW)
That was the beginning of my addiction. Great stuff. Cleanses great, no dryness or irritation, and if that were not enough, the fragrance is great. I have since used the Sandalwood (my favorite?) and the Sienna (my favorite?) and yet another tube of Nomad(my favorite?). :blushing:
So, those are some suggestions. Sorry for the family story.

Hello Clark,

I really like EO Products, EO.

Very intense scents, especially the lavender, my favorite.

You can order directly from EO or you can find them at Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe and even Amazon.com. About $4-5 at Amazon, $8-9 elsewhere.

They also have shampoos and lotions to match.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

clark, i use dr. bronners all the time. i use the liquid tea tree castille soap on my face in the mornings, and really enjoy the peppermint bar soap. it's tingley!

Clark,

I regularly shower with Dr. Bronner's Lavender and Peppermint bars. I also have the Peppermint liquid, but have not tried it. Their Eucalyptus bar is good, as is the almond, but they don't have the strong aroma that the Peppermint and Lavender have.

Randy

I met this person at a show in upstate NY where she was showing her wares. I spoke to her for a while learning that her products were all organic and hand made by her family for twenty plus years. I tried several of her soaps and my wife and I were hooked. We think she makes the best soaps we've ever had and are very pleased, perhaps you might be also.

http://merriweathers.com/

I use regular old school Pears Transparent Soap bars. I really enjoy their scent, which is a combination of Thyme and Cedar.

They do not last terribly long, but they are inexpensive as well.

Cliff said:
I met this person at a show in upstate NY where she was showing her wares. I spoke to her for a while learning that her products were all organic and hand made by her family for twenty plus years. I tried several of her soaps and my wife and I were hooked. We think she makes the best soaps we've ever had and are very pleased, perhaps you might be also.

http://merriweathers.com/

How long do the bars last?

Clark said:
How long do the bars last?

God, it seems they last almost forever. I've never monitored the time but I would guess six to seven weeks of daily use (if not longer). That's a good idea though I will start watching the 'time-to-replace' when I start my next bar. She makes one bar that she's nicknamed "The Love Bar" it has a bright cinnamon and vanilla scent that's just grrreat - it's my favorite. And another, the "Cooling Peppermint Soap" that'll wake you up like a slap across the face.

I personally hate buying anything with a fragrance without smelling it first, I was very lucky that I attended a show where she was present and I could smell them firsthand. The trouble I find with most soaps is that the fragrance seems to abate very quickly and some take forever to rinse off. Her soap is very fragrant and rinses clean very quickly. She will also send samples to you, when you order - just tell her what you want.

My Baxter Bar order finally arrived! I was very dissapointed in this soap. Bars are very small, smell is just ok and it left my skin very dry. I gave a bar to my neighbor and he had the same results. I will be ordering from the above vendors.

Thanks for all the information!

Clark

Top Bottom