What's new

Soap with strong scent

I’m trying to find a reasonably priced soap with a very strong scent. I have facial hair, and never lather near my nose. I can’t smell the soaps I have, which defeats the purpose of having scented soaps.
My favorite strong scented soaps are from the TFS Linea Intenso line HERE.

My favorite of those four is Mandarino Tachibana:
1671245161856.png
:001_wub:

When I picked up my Haverford shipment, I opened the soap in my truck. It was minus 26C outside. The scent instantly wafted throughout the cab. I was literally engulfed in it. I haven’t had such an incredible olfactory experience in decades.

It’s a beautiful scent but I haven’t since had quite the same experience as that glorious day that I first experienced it in all its glory.

Another one to recommend Pre De Provence 63 - although I don't find it that strong.

On the other hand - Sterling Electric Sheep is both great soap & definitely strongly scented.

Dr Jon's Savannah Sunrise. Beautiful scent and plenty of it.

Tabac does have a strong scent but to my nose it is somewhat unpleasant.

Smelling lather I have only been able to get slight whiff of some stronger ones. MdC fougere was pretty strong along with a few barrister mann and perhaps cannonball. Most of the time I'm slightly disappointed and just rely on a strong aftershave and/or cologne.

Smelling lather I have only been able to get slight whiff of some stronger ones. MdC fougere was pretty strong along with a few barrister mann and perhaps cannonball. Most of the time I'm slightly disappointed and just rely on a strong aftershave and/or cologne.
Good to hear, because I have some MdC Fougere en route. I’m with you on soap scents. Even Haverford! The stronger the better.

Castle Forbes, particularly 1445, intense fougère.
Really? Mine isn’t at all. I’m with OP on this. That’s just another soap with disappointing hype on scent. I also have the balm and, in 2 days, I expect to have the EdP as well. I hope the EdP lights things up a bit. I have my doubts on that so to make sure I am not disappointed, yesterday I picked up some Sauvage. It should go nicely with the 1445, although it won’t be much of an issue even if it doesn’t.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I shave with ARKO which has a strong scent when opened but it diminishes once opened. Stirling Bay Rum is has an excellent scent that is lasting and it is an excellent soap as well.

@pierrelortie44 It may be that my 1445 was old when I bought it. Or maybe I’m anosmic to it. My post above sounds horribly and unintentionally edgy and rude. Apologies my friend.
No not at all, it’s your opinion, I found it interesting. Many things I find bland that others rave about. Sometimes we have expectations that are easily disappointed, but can also change with use and time. I’m keeping my 1445 cream for this summer when the windows are open 😆. I had the cologne last year, pretty standard and strong fougère. Merry Christmas all.

The Op's question is a hard one and an easy one.

Pretty much any of the main players in the shaving soap game don't skimp on the scent oils used in their soaps.

I second the suggestions for pretty much any but a small few from Stirling, Phoenix Shaving, Barrister & Mann, Ariana & Evans, Hendrix, Wholly Kaw, Grooming Department and the list goes on and on.

Depending on your taste, mainstays like Tabac, Arko, PdP also hold up to having a solid volume of scent.

None of the English brands slouch on their scent volume either.

There are just "some" from any of these brands that "may" fall into the lower volume category but for the most part their all good in this respect.

Just narrow down some that you think you're most interested and post asking for feedback from others that have used them. I think that's a better way to go about this.

Good luck.

Top Bottom