What's new

Soap with strong scent

Hi all,

I’m trying to find a reasonably priced soap with a very strong scent. I have facial hair, and never lather near my nose. I can’t smell the soaps I have, which defeats the purpose of having scented soaps.

Thanks.

I would suggest Pre de Provence #63 and Mama Bear Soaps Lilac & Lavender. My personal experience is that they are both great performers, the scent of both of them are (IMO) strong, but not knock your socks off strong. For me, they're just right strong.
I'm only your first reply, so see what others have to say too.

Hi all,

I’m trying to find a reasonably priced soap with a very strong scent. I have facial hair, and never lather near my nose. I can’t smell the soaps I have, which defeats the purpose of having scented soaps.

Thanks.
Wet Shaving products Mahogany. I have the Formula T soap, but they have a vegan version, too. So strong with the cap off it smells up my whole bathroom in a good way. Scent of wood, spice, and what I call cigar box.

Stirling's Nag Champa. It's so strong it permeates everything. If you have a funky smelling brush, lather it up with Nag Champa. You won't smell that funk again.

If you don't know the fragrance but have been to an old hippy's health food store, you've smelled it. But the fragrance of the soap is in a much cleaner form.

But a word of caution. If you don't like the scent you may find a visceral need to cast it off the edge of the earth.

Cast-away.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Two wonderful scented soaps are Razorock "Santa Marie del Fiore" and the Razorock "The Dead sea" and I have never smelt such a scent before. I just finished my first glass jar of Santa Marie del Fiore and have another one ready to take over. You get 8.5 OZ of wonderful croap in either soap. They do limited runs of these 2 soaps and are made in Italy. Go to Italian barber and they have a better write up and description on these soaps and I usually buy them on sale. The Dead sea is sold out at the moment.
Its been a while since I have visited this thread and of coarse I have bought a few more soaps along the shaving way of life that are worth mentioning.
(This from a thread I made up years ago!)
Part one "Top 5 great soaps you & I use" Top 5 great soaps you & I use! - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/top-5-great-soaps-you-i-use.547033/
Part two "Top 5 Brush soaps Below $10US you & I use"Top 5 brush shave soaps Below $10US, You & I use! - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/top-5-brush-shave-soaps-below-10us-you-i-use.547236/

Razorock "The Dead Sea" soap was purchased a few months back and I have to compliment who ever designed the fragrance and soap properties.
I have never smelled a scent quite as unique as this one and to be honest it is one of my favorite scents in a soap. The scent is really worth the purchase by it self if you like to leave it fragrance after using it in your bathroom. This soap has changed the way I like to dispose of my lather after using all my soaps now, I will shave and with the lather that is left over I just leave it in my lathering bowl with it releasing the fragrance about in the bathroom until the next soap change.
Scents are sometimes hard to describe and going to Italian barber they seem to get it fairly close IMO, My impression of the soap is it lathers well and protection is very reasonable and post shave is very reasonable as compared to other soaps that I can gauge from.
The combination of Lemon ,Rosemary, Saffron, Cannabis oil & Sandal wood scents that are part of the formula give it a refreshing relaxing addictive scent that is wonderful to wake up in the morning for my daily shave.

Razorock "Santa Maria del Fiore " Firenze was purchased when they had their moving sale and this is a great soap also(one of my favorite Razorock soaps of all). The lather quality is second to none and the scent is second to none IMO. If you like tobacco, vanilla , amber, with a touch of Eucalyptus with a little Menthol thrown in for the cooling effect(not strong just right) you more than likely will enjoy this soap. I like to leave left over lather from shaving in my lathering bowl to fragrance the bathroom with this tobacco vanilla scent. When this soap comes up for my soap rotation I like it very much that thought, it gives me a smile and the scent is very unique. (It does not over power the room but is very nice to be around is the best way for me to describe my experience.)
What ever you do don't flush the lather down the sink if using a lathering bowl because you are just wasting a great fragrance in the bathroom or shaving den.(do it later when changing soaps)
Razorock recommends to scoop out some soap to a lathering bowl because the soap will last longer and retain its scent strength for both "The Dead Sea" & "Santa Maria del Fiore" instead of loading from the Glass container puck with a wet shave brush.
The packaging of this soap is very interesting and is 1st glass, glass is always best for preserving any products because it is inert. (just don't drop it on your toes because it has some heft.)
RR The Dead sea soap review Samsung (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Shaving soaps, not shaving creams:
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood shaving soap
Tabac
Most of the DR Harris soaps
Geo F Trumpers shaving soaps.

Tabac and Dr Jon’s Anne Bonny have a strong scent and don’t dissipate too much over time, unlike some other brands that end up smelling like clay or whatever the base is.

Arko has a very strong lemon scent but I’ve only sniffed a puck h a store, never had it sit in my cabinet for months. Evidently it lasts but I’ve never tried it myself.

Thanks for all the replies. I currently use Stirling and Arko. My favorite scent is Ozark Mountain from Stirling.

Neither seem particularly strong to me.

I’ll check out some of the suggestions here.

Thanks!!

Top Bottom