What's new

Soap with nearly identical scent to la toja ?

The new la toja scent is not the same to my nose and i'm craving the old classic scent.

has anyone come across a soap that is a dead ringer for classic la toja in terms of scent? note: i'm talking about the soap scent (NOT the aftershave).

The new la toja scent is not the same to my nose and i'm craving the old classic scent.

has anyone come across a soap that is a dead ringer for classic la toja in terms of scent? note: i'm talking about the soap scent (NOT the aftershave).

Oh man, the new version scent is that different from the old?!

That's a real shame!

Oh man, the new version scent is that different from the old?!

That's a real shame!

I purchased a few of the reformulated shave sticks to compare against the old formula. I haven't made a decision on performance, however the scent isn't even close to the old formula and frankly I don't like it.

Once I finish my stash of La Toja sticks I will likely never buy more. Its a shame that they changed the scent profile as the old fragrance was simply divine.

I purchased a few of the reformulated shave sticks to compare against the old formula. I haven't made a decision on performance, however the scent isn't even close to the old formula and frankly I don't like it.

Once I finish my stash of La Toja sticks I will likely never buy more. Its a shame that they changed the scent profile as the old fragrance was simply divine.

Can you please describe as best you can what the new one smells like? Does it smell similar to anything else you’ve tried? Thanks!

Yup...The old scent is absolutely marvelous.
And I've only got 2 sticks left! 🙁

I don’t know about a soap that is identical to the previous La Toja, and I think that is extremely unlikely, but I do think Via Barberia (Omega) Herbae has a quite similar character and performance. It’s a light scent in the same kind of ballpark, very pleasant and clean, and the soap is similarly simple and light. I find it, like La Toja, refreshing as an antidote to all the heavy, dense artisan croaps. If you like La Toja I think you should like this too, and it’s good value.

If you try the Via Barberia Herbae then I recommend to buy the “cream” (which is actually a hard-ish soap in a tub), rather than the “soap” which is a very hard, round puck. Unless you prefer a hard puck.

Yup...The old scent is absolutely marvelous.
And I've only got 2 sticks left! 🙁
I'm with you....only 2 sticks left. Didn't realize they would change the scent with their new formulation.....that stinks (pun intended).

• What
Reactions: nav

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I must of received the new version, there is not much for scent from my recent purchase.

I'm with you....only 2 sticks left. Didn't realize they would change the scent with their new formulation.....that stinks (pun intended).

I know right!
I just don't get the point of changing the scent.

Looks like I'll have to use my remaining sticks occasionally...Just like I do with my 13 year old CADE puck.

Usually these kind of changes are down to some new EU regulations about ingredients in cosmetics being reduced or eliminated (like oakmoss, for example). That's my guess. Otherwise, why mess with a good thing?

Reactions: nav
Can you please describe as best you can what the new one smells like? Does it smell similar to anything else you’ve tried? Thanks!
I am not well versed enough to describe the fragrance notes, but to me the laundry in a sea breeze scent is completely gone. The new scent reminds me of a bath soap I would find in my grandmothers house (that is not inherently bad or derogatory).

It is not particularly strong or offensive but it is not something I care for. I would love to hear what the composition notes are in this.

Usually these kind of changes are down to some new EU regulations about ingredients in cosmetics being reduced or eliminated (like oakmoss, for example). That's my guess. Otherwise, why mess with a good thing?

the original version had Lilial which was outlawed by the EU last year as it was found to be harmful to male fertility...this is what forced the reformulation. quite a bit of popular soaps had this ingredient as well including palmolive stick and some barrister & mann soaps.

I think the Lea stick is pretty close.

I have the Lea stick and it is not close at all to my nose….in fact they couldn’t be more different to me. La toja is fresh, light and aquatic whereas Lea is more like a masculine cologne type of scent (musky)

Top Bottom