What's new

Soap to match the scent of Razorock American Barber AS?

I recently got the RR soap hoping it would match the scent of the aftershave, which I love.
Sadly it does not have the 'rive gauche' smell I was hoping for.
Can anyone suggest other soaps which are a close scent match to the RR aftershave?

Don't have but I would have thought Fine American Blend would be the choice. I think Elevens Barbershop is modeled after it as well. Good to know I was aware Klar was.

Last edited:
RR American Barber and Fine American blend are said to be very close in scent, but Fine's newer soap base is a little lackluster in most people's opinion. CaD from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements is also modeled after Barbasol Original (and therefore similar to Rive Gauche). The aftershaves for Fine AB and CaD smell very very similar, but CaD is a step above it in my opinion. Now I've never had the pleasure of smelling the old Rive Gauche, and I don't think any of them actually smell like barbasol, but I will say that CaD is my overall favorite scent from any company, it's wonderful. They use two different tiers of vegan soap bases, and IMHO their CK6 formula is the best vegan soap on the market. Even so, I still prefer tallow soaps, and triple milled is a plus. To that effect, the closest I've come to filling that specific desire is with Razorock's WTP Black Label. It's not an exact match, but it has some similarities to CaD/FAB. Plus it's triple milled and extremely cheap (3-5 bucks per 100g puck). I think you would be extremely happy with CaD in the CK6 base, but overall your best bet is just to get sample sizes of everything and see what scratches that itch for you! Good luck

So far it's PAA CAD, Klar Seifen classic, Elevens Barbershop, and Fine American blend. I'll keep an eye out for the Black Friday sales. Thank you enablers 😁

Top Bottom