What's new

Soap that has menthol/chilling effect

Hi,

I am looking at soap that has a higher quantity of menthol. I really like the chilling effect it offers on the skin while shaving and post shave. The chill really removes the sting/burn from the razor. I use a relatively aggressive razor ( the Timeless Slim .5 OC) and the menthol/chillness really helps in this regard.

I have very limited experience with such soaps. I have used the executive shaving company's natural shaving soap and it really suited my requirements.

I am looking at soaps from other brand that provide a similar effect on the skin. Any help will be appreciated!

I'm currently using this. Does exactly what you want and lathers like a champ.

1679045560133.png

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I am looking at soap that has a higher quantity of menthol.

Well, you are in luck!

There are lots of soaps out on the market, that have high concentrations of menthol. Stirling soaps and Phoenix Artisan Accoutremants just to name a couple of brands, that offer soaps with menthol in them. I personally love Stirling soaps the most, and you will find their soaps with the highest concentrations of menthol, in their "GLACIAL" line.

For example....

Stirling Glacial Lemons Chill
proxy.php

Stirling Orange Chill Menthol
proxy.php

Stirling Glacial Wintergreen
proxy.php

Additionally, another thing that you can do, is you can get the Chill Mill from PAA, and get a bag of menthol crystals. It works like any other pepper grinder that you may have previously used. Fill the grinder with menthol crystals, then grind some shaving's into soap lather, and you can instantly turn it into a mentholated experience of pleasure.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

This grinder can produce mentholated shavings, that you can use, for any soap that you have in a puk. Simply, grind menthol shavings into a wet lather, and your boring soap, gets transformed, into a lather of adventure and excitement. Keep in mind, you can mentholate aftershaves with menthol crystals as well. Anything that brings that soothing cool to ones face, is A+ in my book.

Well, you are in luck!

There are lots of soaps out on the market, that have high concentrations of menthol. Stirling soaps and Phoenix Artisan Accoutremants just to name a couple of brands, that offer soaps with menthol in them. I personally love Stirling soaps the most, and you will find their soaps with the highest concentrations of menthol, in their "GLACIAL" line.

For example....

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Additionally, another thing that you can do, is you can get the Chill Mill from PAA, and get a bag of menthol crystals. It works like any other pepper grinder that you may have previously used. Fill the grinder with menthol crystals, then grind some shaving's into soap lather, and you can instantly turn it into a mentholated experience of pleasure.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

This grinder can produce mentholated shavings, that you can use, for any soap that you have in a puk. Simply, grind menthol shavings into a wet lather, and your boring soap, gets transformed, into a lather of adventure and excitement. Keep in mind, you can mentholate aftershaves with menthol crystals as well. Anything that brings that soothing cool to ones face, is A+ in my book.
Those are excellent suggestions and at some point I'm going to have to try them!

Hi All!

Thanks for all the comments. I just picked up two tubs of Barrister and Mann's Arctique. It came recommended via a friend from the wet shaving community in India ( where i stay). Stirling's glacial series also came recommended but I have heard lots of good thing's about B&M's omnibus base and ended buying the arctique

I have a couple of soaps currently - MDC and Acca Kappa and I plant to mentholate them using PAA Chill Mill/pepper grinder method with menthol crystals :)

I've been on an all Stirling Glacial line up for the last 5-6 months now and don't see it ending anytime soon and would recommend any of them to anyone anytime!!

That being said, to the OP, @ashwinbalachandran you might put a WTB in the BST for a jar of B&M Terror. I remember reading it was one of the coldest soaps made...
Thanks for this! Went one step further and got B&M's arctiue which B&M claims is the coldest soap they have ever made!

Well, you are in luck!

For example....

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Thanks for these suggestions!

I have a quick question - can i just use a pepper mill with some crystals in them? I stay in India and I have to find someone travelling from USA to India to get PAA's chill mill . Your inputs will be appreciated!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Thanks for these suggestions!

I have a quick question - can i just use a pepper mill with some crystals in them? I stay in India and I have to find someone travelling from USA to India to get PAA's chill mill . Your inputs will be appreciated!

Oh my gosh! I am can't begin to tell you just how excited I am for your mentholated journey of pure joy! And you are very welcome indeed sir! :thumbup:

Technically, I believe the grinder that PAA is using, is your run of the mill pepper grinder, I don't really think they are much different. But me being the purest that I am, I had to buy the grinder to match the menthol crystals, its that whole, maintaining the balance with the force thing. LOL! 😁

I can't wait to hear your reports, on how menthol has improved your life. And, I am also really excited that someone living in India, is branching out to the wonders of traditional wet shaving, and mentholated goodness. The reports are in......Your Awesome! :thumbup:

One that I loved and haven't seen mentioned here is Noble Otters Orbit. Both the soap and aftershave leave you with an almost uncomfortable amount of menthol feeling!

One that I loved and haven't seen mentioned here is Noble Otters Orbit. Both the soap and aftershave leave you with an almost uncomfortable amount of menthol feeling!
Orbit is my favourite cooling soap. The synthetic cooling agent is just perfect for summer IMO. Not too cold and the soap smells great.

Top Bottom