What's new

Soap Smelling (or performing) So Bad You Had to Toss It?

I tossed a tub and aftershave of Razorock’s Plague Doctor. Bought it for novelty but wanted to use it during the pandemic. I kept the containers though. The scent was too floral for me.

Same for me as well. But my second sample of MWF didn't burn my skin, only the first one did. Really weird because my skin doesn't react to lanolin.
I may try it again at some point. MWF was a good product apart from my skin reaction. It gave a very close shave.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Barrister and Mann’s Diamond is just awful. Who wants to shave with a soap that smells like a grass stain and beer??

Monsavon from France has an odd industrial cleaner scent. Tossed it. No big deal at just 1euro.
I think Diamond is brilliant. I smell grass, dirt, beer, leather and caramel popcorn — all which evoke a Summer day at the ball park. Simply brilliant.

I tossed a tub and aftershave of Razorock’s Plague Doctor. Bought it for novelty but wanted to use it during the pandemic. I kept the containers though. The scent was too floral for me.
Interesting because 2 days ago i added this to my shopping cart on IB for a Christmas gift after reading the reviews.
Maybe the marketing won me over a little also, now i 'am thinking about removing it. Thanks for the heads up indeed

Trashed

Arko - can't agree with the scent
Williams - couldn't lather it and it smells bad
Bottegga Verde shaving soap - italian cosmetic brand, tried it to see if it was anything good, wouldn't make enough lather even to wash hands (and I tried to wash my hands with it)
L'occitane - burned my skin SO BAD
Wilkinson in a blue tub - well we know that one is just bad

My wife will appreciate Diamond even more when I tell her this.

hahaha. I actually tried to get a sample of this just to satisfy my curiosity if it really does smell like its description. Then I imagined I would try it, then during a romantic moment my wife will say she suddenly feels like going to a baseball game, so never got it. 🧊🧊🥶

this is what made me stop using BM. They discontinued some wonderful scents only to replace with cute scents or weird ones I like to call grandpa scents or women repellent. But like for all, YMMV.

PAA Aloha Smackdown. Glad I just got a sample. Smells like I just splashed cough syrup over my face. Usually enjoy their stuff, but not this one, oh well.

Sni Mato was the worst smelling soap and Chatillion Lux aftershave I've ever smelled...I admittedly gagged after I allied the aftershave....that one was a failure ....why was it sold?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

That's funny. I don't have the soap, but I have three bottles of Sni Mato aftershave. It's one of my favorite scents.

Meißner Strong'n Scottish.
I guess they aimed for smokey, campfire but ended up deep in the ashtray.

Meißner Strong'n Scottish is supposed to contain Scotch whisky. Perhaps they used one of the heavily peated Scotches from Islay such as Ardbeg, Lagavulin, or Laphroaig.

Wholly Kaw Tempest. Smelled like hose water. Literally like when you first turn on a rubber hose after it’s sat in the summer sun for a week.

Top Bottom