What's new

Soap / Scent recommendation help please

I hope everyone is having a (as good Memorial Day) under the circumstances. Anyway I have been really into Vetiver scents this spring and was hoping for some recommendations from you 🤷🏽‍♂️ Right now I have been using PAA Vetiver Planet and really like it, but I would love to try another one if you guys have any stand out must try’s. Thank you in advance.

@Slash Are you looking for vegan only or also open to tallow options? Besides Vetiver Planet, are there particular scent profiles (citrus, lavender, Barbershop, fougere, earthy, etc) that you enjoy?

@Slash Are you looking for vegan only or also open to tallow options? Besides Vetiver Planet, are there particular scent profiles (citrus, lavender, Barbershop, fougere, earthy, etc) that you enjoy?

I use both vegan and tallow based no bias there. I tend to buy more Spice based scents but also love leather scents tobacco. I have a couple barbershop. I guess I’m looking for a earthy type scent right now something about the vetiver and everything getting green (I’m in New England) right now I’m enjoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Given your preferences, here would be my suggestions. All of the soap are top performers.

Zingari Man The Soloist (West Coast Shaving exclusive) or The Explorer
Ariana & Evans Vanille de Tabac or Tertius
Hub City Soap Company Aegyptus or Ideal Man
Stirling Soap Haverford or Arkadia

For giggles, A&E has a new base and soap named Kaizen that's a very Citrus forward scent. Peter is soon releasing a peach/cognac scent in Kaizen base as well.

Thanks. Given your preferences, here would be my suggestions. All of the soap are top performers.

Zingari Man The Soloist (West Coast Shaving exclusive) or The Explorer
Ariana & Evans Vanille de Tabac or Tertius
Hub City Soap Company Aegyptus or Ideal Man
Stirling Soap Haverford or Arkadia

For giggles, A&E has a new base and soap named Kaizen that's a very Citrus forward scent. Peter is soon releasing a peach/cognac scent in Kaizen base as well.

Thank you I actually had been looking at explorer and arkadia I’ll prob go explorer since zingari is brand I still haven’t tried. And I got the kaizen it’s AMAZING!!! I can’t wait to upgrade all my A&E into that base. Thanks again

Fine Accoutrements has several hard milled tallow-based soaps "inspired by" classic fragrances
Green Vetiver - Guerlain Vetiver; citrus/spices/vetiver/tobacco/leather
Fresh Vetiver - Tom Ford Grey Vetiver; vitiver/citrus/wood
Orange Noir - Terre d'Hermes; Orange/grapefruit/cedar/pepper/vetiver/patchouli

I have ordered Zingari The Explorer and also A&E Vetiver Magnifique I really want to try Mikes but the no matching splash or balm?

I really enjoy Martin de Candre Vetyver. Simple, straightforward greenness. Pricey up front, but a tub lasts forever.

I really enjoy Martin de Candre Vetyver. Simple, straightforward greenness. Pricey up front, but a tub lasts forever.

Funny you say that. I have it in my cart and I’ve been dying to try a MdC soap. It is speedy but they say it lasts

Funny you say that. I have it in my cart and I’ve been dying to try a MdC soap. It is speedy but they say it lasts

I've a ton of soaps, and I'm pretty sure my five tubs of MdC are my cheapest. And I don't expect ever to get to the bottom of even one jar...

Maggard Razors sells samples of MdC, so you would have an option to evaluate it prior to committing to a full tub.

The English Shaving Co is OOS on the Vetyver now, but has a price of 37.50 GBP (approx $45-$46) plus 3.99 GBP shipping (little less than $5). Another cheaper option if you buy more than 2 tubs is to order directly from MdC as it brings the average price per tub down considerably.

Maggard Razors sells samples of MdC, so you would have an option to evaluate it prior to committing to a full tub.

The English Shaving Co is OOS on the Vetyver now, but has a price of 37.50 GBP (approx $45-$46) plus 3.99 GBP shipping (little less than $5). Another cheaper option if you buy more than 2 tubs is to order directly from MdC as it brings the average price per tub down considerably.

Thank you! Great suggestions

My favorite vetiver is Shannon's Haymarket Vetiver. A&E Vetiver Magnifique is quite good, but the splash I find to be too sweet. I also really like CRSW's Morning Ghost, which to me is largely a vetiver scent. I would give Shannon's the number one spot on scent and CRSW on performance, but all three are excellent in both categories. (My wife's No.1 for scent is the A&E).

Shannon's Haymarket Vetiver is amazing. I don't really know what Vetiver smells like. When I smell the Haymarket Vitiver soap, I mostly smell citrus (grapefruit?). Whatever it is, it smells absolutely fabulous.

I understand that Declaration Grooming will have DirtyVer again next month (October 2021).

Top Bottom