18. Samarijack
19. tclobaugh - helping to moderate
20. dangerousdon
21. CzechCzar
23. davidr2340
26. Tommy2am
27.Kaidoh
31. back to dfoulk

To all that have sent their contact information thank you for doing so and thank you for all of the kind words and encouragement.

To those who have not yet sent their contact information please feel free to do so. Please do make sure you read the rules and guidelines so that you understand how this works.

The procedure including what information I'll need from you and where you should send it can be found in post #43 of this thread.

Thank you,
David

I can't believe this did not fill up in a second. :001_huh:
I feel very fortunate to have gotten in on the passaround this time around. I've been reading the other passaround threads, just hoping that sign up would come back around. So when this opened up, I jumped at it. What an awesome opportunity to try these soaps that I may not have had a chance to try!!!

I feel very fortunate to have gotten in on the passaround this time around. I've been reading the other passaround threads, just hoping that sign up would come back around. So when this opened up, I jumped at it. What an awesome opportunity to try these soaps that I may not have had a chance to try!!!

This is a pretty cool passaround and the thread is usually a lot of fun to follow. Since there will be three boxes moving at once there is usually a good amount of activity and quite a few things to comment on.

The round one thread fell victim to a "database error" so unfortunately you guys aren't able to see that one for an example. I think it had somewhere around 30,000 to 40,000 views, unfortunate because it had a whole lot of pics and great information.

The round one thread fell victim to a "database error" so unfortunately you guys aren't able to see that one for an example. I think it had somewhere around 30,000 to 40,000 views, unfortunate because it had a whole lot of pics and great information.

That's unfortunate about the first round! I really enjoyed following along and being a part of the first round. There were so many fantastic soaps in both boxes, a person could have had each box in his possession for months and never gotten bored! :w00t:

Although I won't be participating in Round 2, I'll be following along! Great job again, David, on keeping this endeavor rolling!

That's unfortunate about the first round! I really enjoyed following along and being a part of the first round. There were so many fantastic soaps in both boxes, a person could have had each box in his possession for months and never gotten bored! :w00t:

Although I won't be participating in Round 2, I'll be following along! Great job again, David, on keeping this endeavor rolling!

Thanks, we lost the Round 1 thread but we still have the soaps. Feel free to share comments and get involved even if you're not participating.

Ok, here's the list of soaps in the first box. I'll likely send Box #1 to BJ Rose in the next day or so and we shall get this started. The remaining spots can be filled as we go. I'm not taking an official turn this time but I may post a review here and there.

Most of the sample soaps are full or close to it but there are some that I don't have any additional soap to refill them with. If you see something running low and you happen to have some you can spare please feel free to add a little. You guys are welcome to add any additional samples to the box as well. It's not necessary to add anything but everyone after you will certainly appreciate it.
Please do remember that you aren't allowed to keep anything from the box and please read the rules if you haven't done so yet.

Box one Round 2 (current contents 6/15/2016)
--------------------------------------------

Mike's Natural Soaps
---------------------
Rose & Cedarwood
Orange Cedar & Black Pepper
Unscented
Barbershop
Peppermint & Rosemary
Vetiver
Pine & Cedarwood
Lime

Martin de Candre
-----------------
Original
Fougere
Unscented

Bain Amour
-----------
Peppermint Eucalyptus Tea Tree
Green Irish Tweed
Southern Gentleman
Boujour Beau

Midnight & Two
--------------
The Cabin
The Study
Citrus Island
Provence

Soapy Bathman
--------------
Blackjack
I Can't Breathe

Sweet Comb Chicago
------------------
Classic Shaving Soap

Barrister & Mann
------------------
Seville
Latha
Adagio
Cheshire
Vetiver Santal
Bay Rum
Nocturne
Orange & Cedarwood

Strop Shoppe SE w/tallow
------------------------
Black Tie
Baker Street
BarberShoppe
Russian Tea
London Morning

Shannon's Soaps
----------------
Amaretto
Lit
Silk Pajamas

Captain's Choice
-----------------
Bay Rum
Sandlewood
Lime
North

Mystic Water
------------
Vanilla Sandlewood
Orange Vanilla
Coconut
Bay Rum
Cuppa Joe
Jeff's Lavender
Barbershop
Lily of the Valley
Irish Traveler
Maestrale
Marrakesh
Brown Windsor
Cedar & sage
Sweet Briar
The Green Fairy
Rosalimone
Sensitive Skin
Prospect Creek
Anarondack Jack
Viola di Bosco

Misc
----
Arko
Cella
I'Colonalli - Mango
Klar Kabinett
Trufitt & Hill - #10
Vintage Colgate (Rehydrated)
Vintage Wrisley (Said to be rebranded Yardley) (Rehydrated)
Aramis
Haslinger - Ringelblumen
Akva
Dr. Selby
Petal Pusher Fancies - Sandlewood
Great Lakes - Bay Rum
Soap Smooth - Ceret
Acca Kappa - White Moss
Briar - Drakkar
Phoenix Artisan - Cucumber
Tabac
Wet Shave Obsession - Zaro
Taconic - Eucalyptus Mint
Lemongrass Soap Co. - Tobacco Bay Leaf
Geo F. Trumper - Oxford Blue
The Blades Grim - Smolder
Mickey Lee Soaps - The Kracken
Penhaligon's - English Fern
Barbiero de Figaro - Esclusivo
Geo F. Trumper - Violet
Pre de Provence
Irisch Moos - empty (sorry) but you can still smell the scent. It performs just like Tabac so between the two you'll at least get an idea.

I'll try to post lists of what's in the other two boxes before I send them. If you add anything during your turn please let me know so that I can track it and tell you thank you.

I added several more from my shave den this round including I'Colonalli, Tabac, Arko, Cella, Wet Shave Obsession, Vintage Colgate and Vintage Wrisley.

I couldn't believe Tabac, Arko and Cella weren't added last round.

I added several more from my shave den this round including I'Colonalli, Tabac, Arko, Cella, Wet Shave Obsession, Vintage Colgate and Vintage Wrisley.

I couldn't believe Tabac, Arko and Cella weren't added last round.

I would have but I ran out of room to add more to the box. Had to remove the salsa bowl as it was.

I hope you hermetically sealed that Arko - that scent is strong! :)

I would have but I ran out of room to add more to the box. Had to remove the salsa bowl as it was.

I hope you hermetically sealed that Arko - that scent is strong! :)

There's some more room in each box now. I wouldn't say a lot of room but I did what I could to clear as much space as possible including repackaging some of the sample soaps into screw top containers that weren't originally that way. I didn't pick up salsa bowls again for this round but maybe someone can add some along the way as they are pretty inexpensive at 2 for $1. They do work great for this.

Arko isn't that bad. It's not a super strong scent it just has a cheap musty lemon smell to it. Trust me that I've smelled a lot worse. Performance wise it's about the best soap value you can find if you're looking for a dirt cheap yet great performing soap. I'd pick it over VdH and Williams every time.

The one that stands out for me as being strong is I'Colonalli. It has a very strong fruit type scent and can be a love it or hate it one. I like it but it's "different" for lack of a better description. The menthol in it is completely unexpected for a soap with this type of scent but it works and it's rather nice. It's quite slick and many think very highly of it. It's what most would consider a higher end soap. I'm sure it'll bring some interesting reviews.

The Wrisley's I added is said to be a rebranded Yardley. I've tried both and they are very similar. This one was originally difficult to lather and the puck turned to a powder when I grated it. I then added some water to it and let it sit. I may have added too much as it hasn't hardened back up as much as I'd like it to. So it's more like a soft soap but still performs quite well and is now very easy to lather. The biggest drawback to using vintage soaps is that they all seem to smell like old cardboard.

Getting on to the vendor stuff...
Shannon's Soaps are now present. I've used it a couple times and it's a great performer. On par with Tiki, Caties Bubbles, Soap Commander and all of the other well known brands. A great addition for this round. I think it's a very good above average soap that's going to be impressive to a lot of people. Definitely worth trying.

Sweet Comb Chicago - This one I've used twice trying to form an opinion. The first time it was excellent and stood out as a superior soap. The second shave I screwed up the lather and wasn't impressed. I'm sure it was my fault so I'm interested to hear your comments on this one. I may revisit it at some time and post a review.

Midnight & Two - This one is definitely a premium very impressive high end soap. Tim at Midnight & Two has made hundreds of batches of soap to get it perfected and the result is something truly exceptional. A bit expensive with shipping from Canada but an upper tier really outstanding soap. Likely in my top 5 or six soaps of the hundreds I've tried. Tim is a great guy as well and responded very generously when I asked him for some soap for this passaround. With this soap, think outstanding after shave face feel like you applied a nice aftershave balm between each pass and some over the top slickness. I've found some very textured razor handles to be slippery in my hand that I've never had a problem holding onto before, even when my hands were covered in other soaps. Can you tell I'm impressed. It is a thirsty soap so keep that in mind when you're making your lather. I'm really interested in hearing some reviews on this one.

There are a lot of new Mike's soaps in the box this round as BJ Rose sent me several tubs of Mike's. So that's a nice solid addition as well since Mike makes a great soap. I'm particularly fond of their Orange Cedar and Black Pepper scent myself.

Top Bottom