What's new

Soap Sample Passaround Box

Just follow this thread. I'm trying to get all of the soaps topped off and everything cleaned up for the next round. Should be very soon.

all i can say is wow this is exciting. to be honest the amount of soaps and fragrances out in the world can be down right intimidating! but something like this can honestly be a game changer. thank you so much for offering somthing like this. the time and money you have invested, so that others can benefit and learn, is unmeasurable. again, thank you so much!

Glad you are able to keep this going David! I know I learned a ton from this pass around! Glad everything made it back to you and you are able to keep this going. You are doing a service to wet shavers everywhere!

Glad you are able to keep this going David! I know I learned a ton from this pass around! Glad everything made it back to you and you are able to keep this going. You are doing a service to wet shavers everywhere!

Thank you! I spent some time getting some of the boxes ready the other day. Hopefully I can get them moving again very soon.

I'm relatively new on the forum and two years into wet shaving. I would love to participate as well and will keep my eye on this thread. Like others have said, this kind of community participation is phenomenal. Hope I can participate. Thank you, David, amazing!

Just follow this thread. I'm trying to get all of the soaps topped off and everything cleaned up for the next round. Should be very soon.
David, I think if you asked for donations to help cover the rather substantial amount of money needed to do this, you'd get quite a bit of response. The opportunity to sample soaps like this is just unheard of at this level, and I know I'm not the only one that would chip in some cash to help support it.

If the mods don't want to involve money in something like this, maybe asking for guys to chip in some soap?

Either way, I'm sure you'd get a lot of support from the membership.

What you are doing is just beyond amazing.

David, I think if you asked for donations to help cover the rather substantial amount of money needed to do this, you'd get quite a bit of response. The opportunity to sample soaps like this is just unheard of at this level, and I know I'm not the only one that would chip in some cash to help support it.

If the mods don't want to involve money in something like this, maybe asking for guys to chip in some soap?

Agree with FloorPizza, "beyond amazing." I read in an earlier message, however, that David invited the participants to add samples at will to grow the experience. That said, I'm happy to chip in cash.

Ok, so when I started the passaround I put a lot of my own soaps into it. It's grown quite a bit and the soap makers have been exceptionally kind in donating soaps to the passaround. They have exceeded my expectations ten fold. So what I pay for now, is the jars, labels and some postage to keep the boxes moving. I don't mind doing it at all as I have a pretty decent job and I can afford to do this without taking away from my family.

As far as taking donations you are welcome to add some soap samples to the boxes if you have some soaps that aren't in the boxes that you'd like the other participants to experience. You're are also welcome to send any soaps that don't get enough love to me for use in the passaround. I'm crazy selective about what soaps I use and all of the passaround soaps stay separate from my shaving den. They are property of the passaround. I still throw some stuff in there every now and then and consider it like a PIF to my fellow members. Neither of these things are necessary as the soap makers have been more than kind to us.

As far as accepting money for labels, containers, postage, etc goes I wouldn't ask anyone to do that, nor would I accept it. While I certainly appreciate the kindness, I do well enough that I don't need the help. Even if I wanted to I couldn't as it's also very much against the rules to solicit or accept donations, even for something such as this.

I remember participating in an expensive razor passaround a while back where the razor went missing by fault of the postal service (under insurred). Several of us wanted to pitch in and replace it. It was made very clear that asking for or accepting donations is forbidden.

What you can do for me is when you try a soap in the passaround and end up purchasing it maybe let the vendor know so that they are aware that their support of the sample passaround is actually helping them get some customers and sell some soap. They are very kind in helping us out but they are in business to sell some soaps. If you guys let them know that this is why you bought their soap they're more inclined to support us going forward and send us more great stuff to try. Also, your honest reviews posted in the thread are very much appreciated.

Sorry for the delay guys. I've been working on the boxes and have just a bit more to go. The good thing is that I have quite a few new soaps to add. Bad thing is that the boxes are all already stuffed. I might move a few things around. I'll try and spend some time on it this weekend. Thanks for being patient.

Please do not think that we are impatient with you, or that you need to rush or take any more time out to get it done any faster.im sure i speak for everyone saying we will most assuredly wait patiently for you.

Being in germany, I guess I will never be able to get a look at the box, but let me say one thing: you guys are amazing!!! I mean, how cool is that? Puff Puff Give in the Shaving World! So awesome!! Keep going, guys!!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Top Bottom