What's new

Soap Sample Passaround Box

Ok, I have a meeting from 7:30 to 8:00 am AZ time (in two minutes). I'll be posting the list this morning as soon as my meeting is over. If it ends a little early then I'll post the list a few minutes early.

Some rules to read ahead of time for this round...don't add your name yet.

I'll need you to have 150 posts and three months on the forum when your turn comes up.
We do check this and you will be skipped if you don't meet the requirements.
So if you're close choose a spot that gives you the time you need in order to qualify.

If you want to do box four only then you must have participated in a prior passaround and gotten boxes 1 through three already.
Up to 10 people (no more than 10) can choose the Box four only option.

The way this works is that you'll add your name in the spot you want then repost the 1 through 31 list along with these instructions when I post the numbered list.
After you do this you'll look at the posts prior and after your own to make sure you didn't erase someone else's name that was posting at the same time as you.
It happens, so if you accidentially bump someone just repost the list again with their name in the proper spot.
Any problems just let me know. I'll try to look out for this kind of thing as well.

I also will need everyone's spot number, username, full name, address, email and phone number sent to [email protected] as well once you're on the list.
Please put soap sample pass 2017 in the email subject. This information is a requirement to be in the passaround.
This information is for me and will only used for the soap passarounds in case I can't get a hold of you. I don't use this email for anything else as this is not my personal email, so please don't expect me to respond to any emails sent here because I don't check it. It's only to receive this information for the passarounds.
You'll be providing your information to the person before you as well when your turn comes up.
I will not share any personal information that you provide to me with anyone else.

READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE YOU ENTER THE PASSAROUND. THERE ARE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS BESIDES JUST ADDING YOUR NAME.

Ok, here we go. I'll need you to have 150 posts and three months on the forum when your turn comes up.
So if you're close choose a spot that gives you the time you need in order to qualify.

If you want to do box four only then you must have participated in a prior passaround and gotten boxes 1 through three already.

The way this works is that you'll add your name in the spot you want then repost the 1 through 31 list along with these instructions.
After you do this you'll look at the posts prior and after your own to make sure you didn't erase someone else's name that was posting at the same time as you.
It happens, so if you accidentially bump someone just repost the list again with their name in the proper spot.
Any problems just let me know. I'll try to look out for this kind of thing as well.

1, cvargo (Box four only)
3. BigSpivito
31. back to dfoulk for refill

I also will need everyone's spot number, username, full name, address, email and phone number sent to [email protected] as well.
Please put soap sample pass 2017 in the email subject. This information is a requirement to be in the passaround.
This information is for me and will only used for the soap passarounds in case I can't get a hold of you.
I don't use this email for anything else as this is not my personal email, so please don't expect me to respond to any emails sent here because I don't check it.
It's only to receive this information for the passarounds.
I will not share any personal information that you provide to me with anyone else.

You'll be providing your information to the person before you as well when your turn comes up.

A big, big THANK YOU to David for organizing this... Been waiting to get in on this for a long while and am very excited.

READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE YOU ENTER THE PASSAROUND. THERE ARE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS BESIDES JUST ADDING YOUR NAME.

Ok, here we go. I'll need you to have 150 posts and three months on the forum when your turn comes up.

The way this works is that you'll add your name in the spot you want then repost the 1 through 31 list along with these instructions.

2. stook2001
3. BigSpivito

2. stook2001
3. BigSpivito
4. WildWest74

2. stook2001
3. BigSpivito
4. WildWest74
5. tclobaugh (Box four only)

2. stook2001
3. BigSpivito
4. WildWest74
6. oteixeira (Box Four Only)

2. stook2001
3. BigSpivito
4. WildWest74
15. SoullessSingularity

I also will need everyone's spot number, username, full name, address, email and phone number sent to [email protected] as well.
This information is for me and will only used for the soap passarounds in case I can't get a hold of you.
I don't use this email for anything else as this is not my personal email, so please don't expect me to respond to any emails sent here because I don't check it.

2. stook2001
3. BigSpivito
4. WildWest74
7. dangerousdon (Box Four Only)
15. SoullessSingularity

2. stook2001
3. BigSpivito
4. WildWest74
15. SoullessSingularity

2. stook2001
3. BigSpivito
4. WildWest74
10. NickMach007
15. SoullessSingularity

You'll be providing your information to the person before you as well when your turn
comes up.

2. stook2001
3. BigSpivito
4. WildWest74
8. bobmsp (Box Four Only)
10. NickMach007
15. SoullessSingularity

You'll be providing your information to the person before you as well when your turn
comes up.

2. stook2001
3. BigSpivito
4. WildWest74
9. sfeile (Box Four Only)
10. NickMach007
15. SoullessSingularity

comes up.

2. stook2001
3. BigSpivito
4. WildWest74
9. sfeile (Box Four Only)
10. NickMach007
11. Baylorgator
15. SoullessSingularity

comes up.

Ok Sampling Team :)

I figured I would kick off the discussion for round 3 sample planning since I somehow managed to score the 1st slot in the pass around for box 1 and I could probably use a bit of hand holding.

Working off the list that someone kindly setup on Google Docs for Round 3 the ones that seem interesting, at a glance, for box 1 are as follows:

Acca Kappa: Depends on the scent. If similar scent to CF than I will likely pass.
Captains Choice: May want to resample just to do it justice.
Cella:
Haslinger:
IColoniali:
MdC: For sure want to try
MLS:
Midnight & Two:
Mikes:
Phoenix Artisan:

This might be a bit too ambitious for Box 1. Plus, I have a feeling the gentlemen that are far more knowledgeable may recommend some that I glossed over. Any tips would be very much appreciated.

Here is what I have currently and/or have tried so far (in no particular order):

PdP 63 (like the scent, performance is good but not my top tier)
Tabac (like the scent and performance)
RR p.160 (need to try it again to eval performance, scent is artificial for me and it bothers me now)
RR Essence of Lime (need to try again, it's been a while)
B&M Bay Rum (unloaded this one, didn't like the scent)
B&M Seville (only had a sample and liked it)
B&M Lavanille (like it but seldom reach for it, prefer seville but don't have a tub)
Fine Green Vetiver (didn't do much for me but need to try again)
Stirling Spice (didn't do much for me but I use it as a facial soap)
DR Harris Windsor (similar situation to PDP, like the scent, good performance but not top tier)
Proraso (? forget which, can't really evaluate at this point, long time ago)
Sudsy Soapery Lavender & Peppermint (one of my top tier)
L&L Trismegitus (one of my top tier)
Captains Choice Bay Rum (only sampled, may have messed up the lather)
Palmolive Stick (need to try again, been a while)
Castle Forbes Lavender (scent is too strong but I like cutting it with my Sudsy Soapery)
Mystic Water: Can't recall scent, long time ago sample that didn't work for me in terms of performance, may be worth revisiting.

Ok Sampling Team :)

I figured I would kick off the discussion for round 3 sample planning since I somehow managed to score the 1st slot in the pass around for box 1 and I could probably use a bit of hand holding.

Working off the list that someone kindly setup on Google Docs for Round 3 the ones that seem interesting, at a glance, for box 1 are as follows:

Acca Kappa: Depends on the scent. If similar scent to CF than I will likely pass.
Captains Choice: May want to resample just to do it justice.
Cella:
Haslinger:
IColoniali:
MdC: For sure want to try
MLS:
Midnight & Two:
Mikes:
Phoenix Artisan:

This might be a bit too ambitious for Box 1. Plus, I have a feeling the gentlemen that are far more knowledgeable may recommend some that I glossed over. Any tips would be very much appreciated.

Here is what I have currently and/or have tried so far (in no particular order):

PdP 63 (like the scent, performance is good but not my top tier)
Tabac (like the scent and performance)
RR p.160 (need to try it again to eval performance, scent is artificial for me and it bothers me now)
RR Essence of Lime (need to try again, it's been a while)
B&M Bay Rum (unloaded this one, didn't like the scent)
B&M Seville (only had a sample and liked it)
B&M Lavanille (like it but seldom reach for it, prefer seville but don't have a tub)
Fine Green Vetiver (didn't do much for me but need to try again)
Stirling Spice (didn't do much for me but I use it as a facial soap)
DR Harris Windsor (similar situation to PDP, like the scent, good performance but not top tier)
Proraso (? forget which, can't really evaluate at this point, long time ago)
Sudsy Soapery Lavender & Peppermint (one of my top tier)
L&L Trismegitus (one of my top tier)
Captains Choice Bay Rum (only sampled, may have messed up the lather)
Palmolive Stick (need to try again, been a while)
Castle Forbes Lavender (scent is too strong but I like cutting it with my Sudsy Soapery)
Mystic Water: Can't recall scent, long time ago sample that didn't work for me in terms of performance, may be worth revisiting.

I can help you with some recommendations once we get this started. I'll have to look closely at what's in that box.

Also, once this thing gets going, a "rules refresh" is in order. I've done some pass arounds where people prefer you to take a small divot from the soap, others lather right off the top. Some have time restrictions, others don't. Etc., etc. I want to be mindful to follow the rules set up for this one, and reading the thread backwards I can't seem to find them. Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom