What's new

Soap recommendations for oily skin

If an alcohol based aftershaves works, that's fine. But normally, alcohol, even when combined with moisturizing stuff, forces the skin to produce more oils to protect itself from it, which leads to more clogging, if someone is prone to that kinda reactions. But, yeah, why not trying that out first before thinking about an alcohol free moisturizing liquid face cleanser. Those definitely don't smell as good as an aftershave.

If an alcohol based aftershaves works, that's fine. But normally, alcohol, even when combined with moisturizing stuff, forces the skin to produce more oils to protect itself from it, which leads to more clogging, if someone is prone to that kinda reactions. But, yeah, why not trying that out first before thinking about an alcohol free moisturizing liquid face cleanser. Those definitely don't smell as good as an aftershave.
As someone new to B&B 4 years ago, I thought I was doing it wrong by using alcohol aftershaves. Seemed like everyone but me here was using balms.

Then I had to give them up after I'd used them. While my face was quite soft and hydrated, it was a sponge for all the dirt I ever encountered through the day. And living in an Indian metropolis at that time, there was A LOT of air pollution and I had to wash my face at least 4-6 times a day just to feel clean.

Whatever may be wrong with alcohol, it at least leaves a small veneer which is enough to repel enough dirt and dust. And it doesn't irritate my skin a lot and really sanitizes any cuts and weepers far better than balms or moisturizers.

I suffer from severe oily skin and acne, not just on my face, but my entire body. And Beauty by Earth Tea Tree Body Wash has helped tremendously with this issue. I love that it makes my face feel clean and doesn't leave a filmy residue at all when I use it on my oily face. It is great at drying up and reducing acne on my shoulders and back, also.
Anything with tea tree oil is very good for acne. Although its pretty rare to find a shave soap or aftershave with it.
The closest I could find was this post from ages ago

Top Bottom