What's new

Soap price increases

I'll be smooshing a refill puck, and what's left of a sample puck, of "Naked and Smooth" into an empty Stirling jar. Why I feel compelled to point this out, I don't really know.

Stirling sample pucks are pretty bomb, though, in my opinion. So are their menthol "Frost Drops"... The Stirling website is just a dangerous place for me in general.

I'll be smooshing a refill puck, and what's left of a sample puck, of "Naked and Smooth" into an empty Stirling jar. Why I feel compelled to point this out, I don't really know.

Stirling sample pucks are pretty bomb, though, in my opinion. So are their menthol "Frost Drops"... The Stirling website is just a dangerous place for me in general.
Lets just say that you are not the only one with that problem.

tip take an empty shave stick and layer it for a holiday
Tip Ali sells mini jars (those black ones) with a lid fitting a stirling sample size sticker and 2 samples.....
The white ones are too small
Most stirling soaps blend well and give interesting frankensoap such as lemon chill/glacial spearmint/electric sheep.

Attachments

• 3BB30883-23F8-42E8-96F9-1B7D69F97DCF.jpeg
    3BB30883-23F8-42E8-96F9-1B7D69F97DCF.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 53
  • 1825CC9D-17CD-41DA-94BF-2669647A6AD6.jpeg
    1825CC9D-17CD-41DA-94BF-2669647A6AD6.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 52

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Razorock Tuscan Oud is on sale for something like $3.99 today on the IB scratch and dent page. That’s decent stuff and it smells great.

Buying amazing soaps for cheap (sterling, arko, tabac, toja) makes me really happy. Buying amazing pricy soaps (SV, A&E, MdC) also makes me happy. Often this second group may last longer and not
really be more expensive. In summary, buying shave soap makes me happy:em2300:

I got a bunch of Haslinger a few years back from a European store that had good prices. Can’t remember the price but I consider them a good value.

Tabac pucks from Connaught shaving are also a good value: grate them into an empty tub and you’re good to go.

I got a bunch of Haslinger a few years back from a European store that had good prices. Can’t remember the price but I consider them a good value.

Tabac pucks from Connaught shaving are also a good value: grate them into an empty tub and you’re good to go.

You can still find Haslingers in EU shops for €4.50. In the past, i had found german/austrian sellers on ebay, that for a big order would make you special discount if you contacted them privately. I think i had paid something like 3.50 and 3.75 a puck doing so.

If you like cheap and good, Cella Extra Extra Purissima is about as good as it gets IMHO. You can get 1 Kilo of the stuff for around 35 bucks!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

And just think that i can find the Cella brick at €21 on Amazon no less. And before covid, i think they had it for €18. My main problem with Cella is the tallow, the fridge procedure and such. Which is why i want to try a tub of Rasozero that i haven't tried yet. I love lemon, even if for a short sniff. If i like its lather, i may order the 1 kg Rasozero "agrumella".

Which is why i want to try a tub of Rasozero that i haven't tried yet. I love lemon, even if for a short sniff. If i like its lather, i may order the 1 kg Rasozero "agrumella".

+1 For the Rasozero! I bought a tub on a whim, I knew nothing of the company and had never used any of their other soaps. Agrumella might be one of my favorite soaps I've used in the last year. Performance is top notch, and the lemon scent refreshing. If you like lemon, Agrumella won't dissapoint.

Since I love some variety and rarely see the bottom of a tub I wish they made 50g/ml standardized pucks and simply sold them in a wrapper with a separate sticker. And if you want to a standardized fitting container in that size. It would encourage reusing containers. And yes I know more handling so that puck is a buck more expensive as the big one.
But I am also sure more soap will be actually used instead of binned after halve used.

Phoenix and Beau will be doing just that but the project has been postponed due to Covid. The new base Sovereign should have been released almost a year ago. Planned to be sold in wax paper (no container) and in 60/70g format. Since we all buy several soaps, a smaller format would even allow us to buy more soaps than we do now. And this could be a good tactic to increase the price. Sell the 1/2 the puck for the 65% of the whole tub.

+1 For the Rasozero! I bought a tub on a whim, I knew nothing of the company and had never used any of their other soaps. Agrumella might be one of my favorite soaps I've used in the last year. Performance is top notch, and the lemon scent refreshing. If you like lemon, Agrumella won't dissapoint.

Alright, after reading your post, i couldn't resist sir and i decided to open my only tub or Rasozero Agrumella, despite my policy of not opening something unless i am ready to use it. But it had no seal surprisingly, so it opened immediately. I only took a sniff... I really don't know. I swear that this scent i have smelled before in a german liquid soap detergent that you put in the car to be able to clean the front window with the wipers. It is the exact scent... When i will eventually use it, i will see if i can manage to like it... I do love lemon, but this one, it just reminds me of me pouring the window detergent in the car's container under the hood. Maybe once it lathers it becomes better i don't know. I reserve judgement for the future!

Thank you though for inciting me to open the tub and smell it. At least now i am less curious. I will pass final judgement maybe after a year... Thank you for your experience, sir! At least the performance is more promicing!

I just noticed Stirling soap prices have increased. Full jars are up fifteen-cents and sample pucks are up ten-cents. I'm trying reeeal hard to be outraged by this obscene price gouging but... I just can't seem to muster it.

And yes, I'm kidding about it being price gouging, obscene or otherwise.

If you are okay with soap not having moisturizing effect there is Palmolive stick for cheap and reliable product and also Tabac, I prefer it in stick form. Another old but gold is Haslinger Schafmilch, even without tallow it performs superbly and it has nice post shave feel

I also enjoy Stirling soaps, very nice performer is also Razorock Mudder Focker

Tabac, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Stirling Soap Company, and Vitos Extra Super Coco are all great products in the price range.

I've personally uses these and they are great all round products.

I have plans to try:
> Haslinger, Musgo and Speick in the starting range, and

> CK6, Oaken Labs, Fitjar Islands, SV in higher ends of price range.

These above listed soaps are generally long lasting and their formula and price doesn't change very often.
Have the Speick stick and it is a good soap IMO. Cheap too. Also love my SV too. You shouldn’t be disappointed in either of these but as always YMMV

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I think the most I have ever paid for soap was $16 for a jar of Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore when it first came out 6 years ago. I still haven't finished it. Most of my soaps are in the $1 to $10 range.

I think the most I have ever paid for soap was $16 for a jar of Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore when it first came out 6 years ago. I still haven't finished it. Most of my soaps are in the $1 to $10 range.

Ha! You have been caught red-handed, Man called Horse! I knew you were a minimalist, just pulling my leg the other day! :laugh:

Top Bottom