What's new

Soap on a Rope

iu.jpeg

What is out there these days?​

Quite a few are out there. I recall that when I was a teenager I could count on getting the Old Spice version every Christmas. An individual I know has a tough time picking up items on the floor and he uses one every time her showers.

San Francisco Soap Company had some during Christmas. Not sure if it was a seasonal thing or what. Awesome soap, however! I had the sandalwood and it was one of the nicer ones I've used the past few months.

Whose going to prison?

OK, that was just a joke. The only one I have used since I was a teen long ago is the old formula Musgo Real. It was an excellent soap and may still be but I haven't used it lately.

Hope you find something worthy.

Chris

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
My question is why. ? To hang off the faucet? To wrap around your wrist so you don’t drop it? (In your own shower....) why do I need soap on a rope?

Whose going to prison?

OK, that was just a joke. The only one I have used since I was a teen long ago is the old formula Musgo Real. It was an excellent soap and may still be but I haven't used it lately.

Hope you find something worthy.

Chris

HA!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Might be useful for camping though! Taking showers/baths in the river. Or community shower at a campground. I sure as heck wouldn’t want to drop anything on the floor in there. I’ve used one a few times.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Vintage Avon soap on a rope is readily available on the bay for reasonable prices. I've got an old Tai Winds that still smells good.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Along time ago when I was a teenager, one of my grandmothers used to buy me Soap on a Rope for my birthdays and for Christmas. I must have really smelled back in those days.

I think storage is an advantage of soap on a rope. Hanging to dry and not storing it on a ledge or in a dish. Maybe peace of mind for folks that are worried about bacteria.

Along time ago when I was a teenager, one of my grandmothers used to buy me Soap on a Rope for my birthdays and for Christmas. I must have really smelled back in those days.
Same here on both counts.... I think I had a stockpile of 5-6 before I went off to college where they came in handy in community showers. :thumbsup:

Same here on both counts.... I think I had a stockpile of 5-6 before I went off to college where they came in handy in community showers. :thumbsup:

Same here. There is nostalgia at play.

Top Bottom