What's new

Soap Of The Month Club (SOTMC)

Ok since there is a ton of chatter about these sabbaticals (which I am part of one) i'd like to throw in a monthly challenge for shave soap and cream lovers.

Rule.
- Only use one shave cream/soap for the entire month.
- List your soap/cream of choice in a post.

To be a full member you need to fulfill an entire month of the challenge.

Membership entitles you to opt out of challenge on a month by month basis (in case you need to scratch the itch to shave with different soaps for an entire month).

Exceptions.
- A change of soap can be made only if you run out.
- A change can be made if you have an adverse reaction to the soap/cream.
- FATHERS DAY IS AN EXEMPTION. Biological, adopted or foster fathers are allowed to use a different soap or cream of choice on Fathers Day. This exemption is only allowed on Fathers Day and does not apply to anyone unless they are a father.

If you fail the challenge (which I fear I will) post the reasons for your failure.

Registration starts every first of the month and ends the third day of every month at 12 Midnight. No exeptions. Late entry's will not be added to roster.

Registration should look like this:

RunFoxRun
I'm in for May.
Soap: B&M Seville
Attempts:1
Completions:1
Fails:0
Consecutive months:1
Months skipped:0

End of monthly challenge is the last day of the month at 12 midnight.

Good luck gents. You'll need it as will I. I'll have to lock up my soaps/ creams and hand my wife the key.

S.O.T.M.C.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't do this this month, but if it runs again I'll join in. Good luck! The temptation to change it up is too much for me. I'll go for a week at a time and see how I get on!

I'm in, most of the time I stick with one for a few weeks, so a month will work fine. I'm starting with Top Secret

Guess I well give it a try.......joined the Aprilington........might as well really commit using it for the entire month. At least I well get to learn about my Dr. Harris soaps.
$IMG_3154.jpg

Awesome thanks gents. I'm still not decided on my soap. I have a few hours left to pick.

BLUESMAN7, I'm guessing you like blues music? Have you ever heard of the bisbee blues fest?

Awesome thanks gents. I'm still not decided on my soap. I have a few hours left to pick.

BLUESMAN7, I'm guessing you like blues music? Have you ever heard of the bisbee blues fest?
I don't believe I have. Denver has a great blues scene, who would have thunk it.

I assume this is going to be repeated monthly. It might be a good idea to have registration go from the first through the third each month to give participants a few days to sort their soap between challenges.

I find I learn a lot about getting the most out of the soap I'm using from using it exclusively for a while. Of coarse the 3017ers are all well aware of this.

Last edited:
Give it a look. It's here in Bisbee. Small border town. It's hosted at the oldest Ballpark in the US. Pretty cool.

SOAP OF THE MONTH......
Petal Pusher Fancies Briar.

Man, I really want to do this in collaboration with Aprilington - however I don't expect my puck of Arlington will be in until some time next week. When is the official start of this?

EDIT TO ADD: If I sign up, and just don't shave until my Arlington shows up, does that still count?

Oh, what the heck, I bowed out from this over on the GRU-Summer thread, but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. I will commit to using the fairly new puck of Stirling Barbershop which currently resides in my mug for the remainder of April. If I feel the need for creams, well, there's always my head.

Actually, I see this as being pretty valuable to me as a relatively new wet shaver. By committing to one soap, I can learn more about building a good lather, every time and not worry about re-learning with each change.

I choose the soap because it takes a little more effort on my part to make a decent lather than it does with the creams I've used.

Man, I really want to do this in collaboration with Aprilington - however I don't expect my puck of Arlington will be in until some time next week. When is the official start of this?

EDIT TO ADD: If I sign up, and just don't shave until my Arlington shows up, does that still count?
Sure that's fine.

ALL, let the pain begin.

I've already been using my VDH Deluxe for 32 of the last 33 days, with one day to try Arko for the first time. I have no problem getting excellent performance from VDH and get along well with the scent. I don't expect to have any problems sticking with it till its gone. So, no pain here.

I just saw this. I am starting a half-block of Pannacrema San Frascesco tomorrow for the 3017 thread and following it up with a half-block of Pannacrema Namaste when it is gone. I only have half-blocks as I split my order with a friend. Neither will last more than two weeks but together, they make a month. May I join you?

Ok, so I'm going to start with my Arlington, to coincide with Aprilington. Am I correct to assume that we are to pick a new soap each month, and use that soap from the 1st through the end of the month? And if so, when will we be ending?

Top Bottom