What's new

Soap Of The Month Club (SOTMC)

Finished the sample of La Toja today. It went faster than expected, 14 three pass shaves from a 5mm slice of a stick. I plan on finishing the month with Noble Otter 'Lonestar'.

August 2019
Soap: Mondial Tobacco Verde
Attempts: 47
( DR Harris Arlington, B&M Fougere Aromatique, Blades Grim Smolder, SCS Soap for Hope, WSO Coconut Lime, Czech and Speake Oxford & Cambridge, Valobra Fougere, LASS Hollywood Romance, Floris Verbena Stick, Estoril Shave Cream, DR Harris Arlington, Mitchell Wool Fat, Valobra Regular, DR Harris Arlington, Mondial Tobacco Verde )
Completions: 46
Fails: 0
Months skipped:1
Consecutive month:8

Last week I finally saw the bottom of the container in the center of the soap puck! Gotta be less than 6 months left :001_rolle:001_302:...

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I'm in for August 2019

Soap: MdC
Attempts: 46
Completions: 44
Consecutive Months: 09
Months Skipped: 02
Fails: 01

martym

I'm in for September 2019

Attempts: 47
Completions: 45
Consecutive Months: 10

I'm in for September. Started on 1st April 2019 and now on a second bowl; have a third bowl to follow but may finish off some Cella in October.
Soap: Proraso Sandalwood
Attempts:5
Completions:5
Fails:0
Consecutive months: 5
Months skipped:0

I am gonna give it a try for the first time.

I'm in for September 2019.
Soap: Declaration Grooming Fourth & Pine
Attempts: 1
Completions: 0
Consecutive month: 0
Months skipped: 0

I'm in for September
Soap: Noble Otter Barrbarr
Attempts: 6
Completions: 5
Consecutive Months: 0
Months Skipped: 1

I missed the deadline for August signups but it worked out in my favor as I couldn't hang with the menthol in the Iced Coffee. I switched to the next soap on my list (NO Barrbarr) partway through the month and am getting great shaves now. Looking forward to this month and exploring the soap a little more. There are a few kinks that still need to be worked out as I am not getting quite the consistency I was able to achieve with WSP's Formula T base.

martym

I'm in for October 2019

Attempts: 48
Completions: 46
Consecutive Months: 11

That was fun! One shave left in September with the DG Fourth & Pine. The tub is almost gone now.

I'm in for Tabactober.

Soap: Tabac
Attempts: 2
Completions: 1
Consecutive month: 0
Months skipped: 0

Completed September.
In for October
I'm going to finish off my Jerry Stark 'Vegan Orange and Vanilla' and finish the month with Arko as I'll be traveling. Looks like less than a week to go on Jerry's

I will go in for October, or should I say Tabactober.

Attempts: 29
Completions: 27
Fails: 2 (July 2015, August 2016)

Soaps Used: Tabac soap x8, T&H Sandalwood soap x3, GFT Eucris soap x3, GFT Violet soap x3, Proraso Green soap x2, Spieck cream x2, TOBS Avocado cream x 2, Truefitt & Hill rose cream x 2, Truefitt & Hill Grafton cream, Dr. Harris Marlborough soap, Midnight & Two's The Study, Col. Conk Bay Rum, Barrister & Mann Leviathan, Henri et Victoria Cuban Cigar, Great Canadian Shave Co. Lavender, Stirling Black Cumin & Orange.

Soaps finished during a month: 5 (Henri et Victoria Cuban Cigar, Stirling Black Cumin, Fendrihan's Sandalwood & Lavender, Barrister & Mann Leviathan, and Tabac)
Months skipped in total: 20 (February & March 2016, November 2016 to August 2017, April 2018, & July 2018 to January 2019)
Longest stretch consecutive months:7

Top Bottom