What's new

Soap Of The Month Club (SOTMC)

Succes for March: Finished GFS Amber Fougère, used Proraso Red for the rest of the month.
Entering April with Barbieri Di Figaro - Raffinato.

9200000011476993.jpg

Attempts:19
Completions: 18
Fails: none
Soaps Used in months: Tabac (2) - Proraso red (2.2) - Stirling Scots Pine Sheep (2) - Extro Cosmesi 17° Stormo - RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore - TFS Dracaris (2) - Barrister and Mann Bay Rum (2) - Goodfellas' Smile Amber Fougere (1.8) - Barbiere de Figaro Esclusivo - Simpsons shaving cream (1.75) - La Toja shaving stick (1.25)
Soaps finished: 3 (Simpsons shaving cream - TFS Dracaris - B&M Bay Rum)
Months skipped in total: 0
Consecutive months: 18

Successfully completed March with Mike’s Natural Barbershop. And improve my lathering skills because of it. This is great!

Entering April with TGS Inferno. It will be finished before the month is done, but there is another TGS soap waiting to take its place.

SoapTGS Inferno
Attempts1
Completed1
Consecutive months1
Months skipped0
Soaps usedMike’s Natural Barbershop (1)
Soaps finished

Success in March with Midnight & Two "The Study"
In for April with Tabac

Attempts: 57
Completions: 55
Fails: 2 (July 2015, August 2016)

Soaps Used: Tabac soap x15, T&H Sandalwood soap x4, GFT Spanish leather x2, GFT Eucris soap x7, GFT Violet soap x4, Proraso Green soap x4, Spieck cream x2, TOBS Avocado cream x 2, Truefitt & Hill rose cream x 3, Truefitt & Hill Grafton cream x3, Dr. Harris Marlborough soap, Midnight & Two's The Studyx2, Col. Conk Bay Rum, Queen Charlotte's Irish Tweed x2, Arko Soap, Proraso Blue, Midnight & Two's The Study, Italian Barber Amici, Barrister & Mann Leviathan, Henri et Victoria Cuban Cigar, Great Canadian Shave Co. Lavender, Stirling Black Cumin & Orange, Arko Shave Cream.

Soaps finished during a month: 7 (Truefitt & Hill Rose, Henri et Victoria Cuban Cigar, Stirling Black Cumin, Fendrihan's Sandalwood & Lavender, Barrister & Mann Leviathan, Queen Charlotte's Green Irish Tweed, and Tabac)

Months skipped in total: 38 (February & March 2016, November 2016 to August 2017, April 2018, & July 2018 to January 2019), June to September 2019, November 2019 to December 2020

Success in March and the plan for April!

Soap: B&M Petrichor
Attempts: 7
Completions:6
Fails:0
Consecutive months: 7
Months skipped: 0
Soaps Used: Tabac (3), B&M Cheshire (1.25), B&M Bay Rum (1.75), B&M Petrichor
Soaps Finished during the month: 2 ( B&M Cheshire, B&M Bay Rum)

Success for March. I'll change it up to something new, I just don't know what. I have a (snow) trip planned, so something in a plastic tub that seals. Maybe I'll dip into a new A&E scent...

Soap of the Month: TBD
Completions
: 12
Fails: 0
Consecutive successes: 12
Soaps Finished: Mike's Lemongrass and Eucalyptus, Stirling Orange Chill, Haslinger Honig
Two uses of 1/3-gone B&M Cheshire in the books. Man, do I love that scent, and the performance is top-notch!

Soap of the Month: B&M Cheshire
Completions: 12
Consecutive successes: 12
Soaps Finished: Mike's Lemongrass and Eucalyptus, Stirling Orange Chill, Haslinger Honig

Small edit, forgot to add the used soap :barbershop_quartet_

Attempts:19
Completions: 18
Fails: none
Soaps Used in months: Tabac (2) - Proraso red (2.2) - Stirling Scots Pine Sheep (2) - Extro Cosmesi 17° Stormo - RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore - TFS Dracaris (2) - Barrister and Mann Bay Rum (2) - Goodfellas' Smile Amber Fougere (1.8) - Barbiere de Figaro Esclusivo - Simpsons shaving cream (1.75) - La Toja shaving stick (1.25)
Soaps finished: 4 (Simpsons shaving cream - TFS Dracaris - B&M Bay Rum - Goodfellas' Smile Amber Fougere)
Months skipped in total: 0
Consecutive months: 18

In for April 2023

Soap: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver

Attempts: 78
( DR Harris Arlington, B&M Fougere Aromatique, Blades Grim Smolder, SCS Soap for Hope, WSO Coconut Lime, Czech and Speake Oxford & Cambridge, Valobra Fougere, LASS Hollywood Romance, Floris Verbena Stick, Estoril Shave Cream, DR Harris Arlington, Mitchell Wool Fat, Valobra Regular, DR Harris Arlington, Mondial Tobacco Verde, Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver )

Completions: 78
Months skipped:10
Consecutive month:2

Woo hoo!! Its a weird satisifaction using a soap up!!
Definitely. I used to be like that: het s soap and use it till it was finished. I managed to do that for about 6-7 months. Then it turned into the Soap of the Moment Club, SAD kicked in and my TGS soaps sat idle. I want to finish at least three more in April. Should be able to achieve that (and still have plenty of TGS soaps left as well…)

Cheers,

Guido

I'm calling it now: Success in April.

My B&M Cheshire was more "used" than I thought when I started the month. Some soap containers have a convex bottom, so when it looks like you have some left, you're actually really close to breaking through. My soap has a half-dollar-sized hole, but I'll keep using it through May and probably kill it off.

If that happens, I'll move on to my (vintage) Yardley, which I love and have been hoarding. It's due to be put out of its misery, and then I can refinish its wooden bowl for use with other soaps.

Soap of the Month: B&M Cheshire
Completions: 13
Consecutive successes: 13

Top Bottom