What's new

Soap Of The Month Club (SOTMC)

In for Dec 2022

Soap: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver

Attempts: 75
( DR Harris Arlington, B&M Fougere Aromatique, Blades Grim Smolder, SCS Soap for Hope, WSO Coconut Lime, Czech and Speake Oxford & Cambridge, Valobra Fougere, LASS Hollywood Romance, Floris Verbena Stick, Estoril Shave Cream, DR Harris Arlington, Mitchell Wool Fat, Valobra Regular, DR Harris Arlington, Mondial Tobacco Verde, Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver )

Completions: 75
Fails: 0
Months skipped:9
Consecutive month:0

Saponificio Varesino soaps last a long time when shaving every other day!

Success in November
Will be skipping next month as indicated below, will be returning next year with a solid offering :LMS

Soap: TOBS St James
Attempts: 8
Completions: 8
Consecutive months: 8
Months skipped: 1
Soaps Used: Truefitt's Sandalwood, B&M Paganini’s Violin, Floris No. 89, T&H 1805, ARKO, SV 70th (Beta 4.1), Tabac,
TOBS St James

Ending November succesfully with Proraso red.

Entering November with TFS Dracaris

Attempts:15
Completions: 14
Fails: none
Soaps Used: Tabac (2) - Proraso red (2) - Stirling Scots Pine Sheep - Extro Cosmesi 17° Stormo - RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore - TFS Dracaris - Barrister and Mann Bay Rum - Goodfellas' Smile Amber Fougere - Barbiere de Figaro Esclusivo - Simpsons shaving cream (1.75) - La Toja shaving stick (1.25)
Soaps finished during a month: 1 (Simpsons shaving cream)
Months skipped in total: 0
Consecutive months: 14

1.jpg

December check-in...
Soap: Cella (kilo)
Completions: 21
Consecutive months: 16
Months skipped: 15

There's less than 20 grams of Cella remaining and it probably won't last until the end of the month. I will continue to use it until it's gone and then switch to either samples or start using January's soap a few days early.

Checking in for December. In with La Toja stick. i only have an inch of so left, so I will post the next soap when it’s gone.

Soap: La Toja Stick
Attempts: 2
Completions:2
Consecutive months:0
Months skipped: 2
Soaps Used: Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar, Mitchell’s Wool Fat

Success in for November with Midnight & Two's "The Study" soap
In for December with Geo. F. Trumper's Spanish Leather.

Attempts: 53
Completions: 51
Fails: 2 (July 2015, August 2016)

Soaps Used: Tabac soap x14, T&H Sandalwood soap x4, GFT Spanish leather, GFT Eucris soap x7, GFT Violet soap x3, Proraso Green soap x4, Spieck cream x2, TOBS Avocado cream x 2, Truefitt & Hill rose cream x 3, Truefitt & Hill Grafton cream x3, Dr. Harris Marlborough soap, Midnight & Two's The Study, Col. Conk Bay Rum, Queen Charlotte's Irish Tweed x2, Arko Soap, Proraso Blue, Midnight & Two's The Study, Italian Barber Amici, Barrister & Mann Leviathan, Henri et Victoria Cuban Cigar, Great Canadian Shave Co. Lavender, Stirling Black Cumin & Orange, Arko Shave Cream.

Soaps finished during a month: 7 (Truefitt & Hill Rose, Henri et Victoria Cuban Cigar, Stirling Black Cumin, Fendrihan's Sandalwood & Lavender, Barrister & Mann Leviathan, Queen Charlotte's Green Irish Tweed, and Tabac)

Months skipped in total: 38 (February & March 2016, November 2016 to August 2017, April 2018, & July 2018 to January 2019), June to September 2019, November 2019 to December 2020

Success in November using the Nivea for Men Mild Shaving Cream blue tube.

Lets stay blue for the incoming month, and with a few more choice of after shave even with only 1 soap/cream there will be plenty of variation

Soap: Proraso Blue cream in a tube of course as this one do not come in a tub
Attempts:3
Completions:3
Fails:0
Consecutive successes:3
Months skipped: 0
Soaps Finished: none

Success for November. I've still got plenty of Haslinger left in the Mug of Gross, so I guess I'll just keep it rolling.

One thing I noticed is that my boar brushes don't seem to work well with Haslinger. My lone synthetic (a Maggard brush) works best at creating dense, creamy lather, followed by my no-name Scottish deer-horn mystery badger brush (which has turned out to be a lovely surprise, as it was a gift from my in-laws). I think I'll continue with the synth for the foreseeable future.

Soap of the Month: Haslinger Honig
Completions
:8
Consecutive successes:8
Soaps Finished: Mike's Lemongrass and Eucalyptus, Stirling Orange Chill

Being relatively new here, I was wondering if I use up a soap in the month and switch to a new soap, does that count as a success or fail?

Being relatively new here, I was wondering if I use up a soap in the month and switch to a new soap, does that count as a success or fail?
According to the exceptions listed in Post #1, "A change of soap can be made only if you run out." So I think your example would count as a success.

Last edited:
Success in December
Plan for January 2023

Soap: B&M Cheshire
Attempts: 4
Completions:3
Consecutive months: 4
Soaps Used: Tabac (2), B&M Cheshire (2)

I think I have a week left of shaves on this Cheshire! I am going to finish my first soap 😃

Success in December and in for January

Soap
: Proraso White croap
Attempts:4
Completions:4
Consecutive successes:4
Soaps Finished: none

I will be in all year long, and just took a picture of all the soap, 15 in total a few unused , I do not believe any will be finished this year as I plan to switch soap every month, one of those sample will likely see action on Fathers day for the one exception of the year.

IMG-0675.jpg

Succes in December with TFS Dracaris.

Entering January with ..... TFS Dracaris (only a couple of shaves left) untill finished.
And will continue the rest of the month with Stirling Scots Pine Sheep.

IMG_20230101_105103357_HDR.jpg

Attempts:16
Completions: 15
Fails: none
Soaps Used: Tabac (2) - Proraso red (2) - Stirling Scots Pine Sheep - Extro Cosmesi 17° Stormo - RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore - TFS Dracaris (2) - Barrister and Mann Bay Rum - Goodfellas' Smile Amber Fougere - Barbiere de Figaro Esclusivo - Simpsons shaving cream (1.75) - La Toja shaving stick (1.25)
Soaps finished during a month: 1 (Simpsons shaving cream)
Months skipped in total: 0
Consecutive months: 15

Top Bottom