What's new

Soap mix

Ì was nearly finished sone SV Dolomiti and Sicilian and towards the end, I find they absorb water and difficult to load as there's not much left. I also had Haslinger sage, tallow and sheep's milk new formula. Love these but sometimes find the small puck size awkward.
I grated the Haslinger and moulded them over the mixed SV , then to top off, Saponificio Bignoli blackberry croap left after I put some of this croap in a small tub, ready to take on holiday.
Had I done the wrong thing? Not from the results! Everything together seemed to make a wonderfully performing soap. I have read others posts where guys have mixed products, highly recommended.

I do the same thing, especially with sample pucks. Eventually they get too small to use by themselves, so I’ll mix 3 or 4 together and get a few more shaves out of ‘em.

Ì was nearly finished sone SV Dolomiti and Sicilian and towards the end, I find they absorb water and difficult to load as there's not much left. I also had Haslinger sage, tallow and sheep's milk new formula. Love these but sometimes find the small puck size awkward.
I grated the Haslinger and moulded them over the mixed SV , then to top off, Saponificio Bignoli blackberry croap left after I put some of this croap in a small tub, ready to take on holiday.
Had I done the wrong thing? Not from the results! Everything together seemed to make a wonderfully performing soap. I have read others posts where guys have mixed products, highly recommended.

Sounds like a terrific Frankensoap!! :a14::a14:

Frankensoaps tend to be better than the sum of their parts. Most likely because they load massively easier... meaning every time you lather, you're loading much more soap than before.

My daily soap right now is a ceramic dish with about 15-20 soap ends mashed together into it. I spent years analyzing the properties of every saponified fat and designing the "perfect" shave soap... and frankly a bunch of random "good" soaps mixed together pretty much equals it. 99% of it is ensuring sufficient loading (why soft soaps are SOOOO much easier to make well than hard soaps... at least without industrial milling equipment).

Top Bottom