What's new

Soap levels after xx shaves

As I mentioned before ( here: 'after 35 shaves' ) I can't help counting things. Like the number of times I use a certain soap or cream. And it gets worse: they all 'deserve equal treatment'. So my soaps/cream reached the 50 shaves-point (Each product used 50 times for a shave). Let's have a look at the impact:

After 35 shaves:

zeep na 35.png

After 50 shaves:

zeep na 50.jpg

I fire up the soap of the day and concentrate on making that particular shave memorable. When I run out of soap, I'm out until I get a replacement or decide that the soap isn't worth the time and expense of restocking. My circle of soaps slowly grows smaller, and I expect to end up with a rotation of 3-4 soaps, any a cream or two. I never even think of counting shaves per puck or strokes per load; life's too short

I'm a data nerd, so I've been recording usage for quite a few years. Seems I average around 0.15 oz of soap per shave (by weight, not volume). Doesn't really matter what type of soap. Average usage per shave is pretty consistent for me.
Wow! That's ~4.25 grams per shave. So you would knock out a typical puck or tub in less than a month? I'm trying to get through my stash and I'm only able to manage about 4 soaps a year; I need to step up my game :cool:

Wow! That's ~4.25 grams per shave. So you would knock out a typical puck or tub in less than a month? I'm trying to get through my stash and I'm only able to manage about 4 soaps a year; I need to step up my game :cool:
I'm a head shaver...with very hard water...who has a lot of soap. I don't go out of my way to conserve soap. Using more soap helps give me the low-volume sort of lather I enjoy using.

25 shaves later (25 for each soap/croap/cream that is). Time for a third picture.

After 35 shaves each:

1645353384274.png

After 50 shaves each:

1645353464692.png

And here's for the current status after 75 shaves eacht (exept Palmolive and Baume.be, both at 25):

na 75 beurten.jpg

TOBS, Tabac and Wilkinson have served 75 shaves each at this point. You can't see exactly how much TOBS is left (approx 3 times the quantity that you can see); you might notice the blue of the tub is starting to shine through on the Wilkinson.
Then there's the Palmolive. The stick is finished, the tube was used 25 times.
Then there was Proraso. After 65 shaves I decided I really didn't like the smell and started using it as a showersoap. It got replaced by Baume.be, which currently (in this picture) has been used 25 times as well. (Oh what an incredible product that is!)

Next pic after 100 shaves? Follow my rotations and personal appreciations here: Diary (& questions) of a relative newbie - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/diary-questions-of-a-relative-newbie.598987/page-24#post-11660006 , then you might notice I also should add a pic of the 6 Scheermonnik samples.

25 shaves later (25 for each soap/croap/cream that is). Time for a third picture.

After 35 shaves each:

View attachment 1412810

After 50 shaves each:

View attachment 1412811

And here's for the current status after 75 shaves eacht (exept Palmolive and Baume.be, both at 25):

View attachment 1412812

TOBS, Tabac and Wilkinson have served 75 shaves each at this point. You can't see exactly how much TOBS is left (approx 3 times the quantity that you can see); you might notice the blue of the tub is starting to shine through on the Wilkinson.
Then there's the Palmolive. The stick is finished, the tube was used 25 times.
Then there was Proraso. After 65 shaves I decided I really didn't like the smell and started using it as a showersoap. It got replaced by Baume.be, which currently (in this picture) has been used 25 times as well. (Oh what an incredible product that is!)

Next pic after 100 shaves? Follow my rotations and personal appreciations here: Diary (& questions) of a relative newbie - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/diary-questions-of-a-relative-newbie.598987/page-24#post-11660006 , then you might notice I also should add a pic of the 6 Scheermonnik samples.
Your bowl of Tabac seems to grow more soap every time you post 😂

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I keep track of a soap once, not on a routine basis. I think any soap I really like is cheap enough, but I like to know what they actually cost so I can make logical buying decisions on soaps I like equally.

MdC is my cheapest soap. It's not THE cheapest soap, but of the one's I'm willing to use it's the cheapest in use as a tub lasts me over a year of daily 3 pass shaves.

SV is my most expensive soap, but it's just lovely stuff. It costs me more than double the MdC, but I will still buy more - simply because I enjoy it tremendously.

If a soap doesn't meet my happiness standard I don't care if it's a nickle a tub.

Top Bottom