What's new

Soap Issue

Hey guys,
So i spent quite a few days in a row using tabac with Jim's wonderful tutorial on how to make great lather out of a soap, and the results were astounding. I made huge mountains of thick, creamy, meringue-like lather with tabac and my stubby that was far more luxurious than anything I have ever experienced prior with soap or cream.
Here's the problem though; today I went to use a glycerine soap for today's shave and don't get me wrong, the results were fine, I got pretty good lather, as good as I felt that I was going to get out of the product, but something was just missing for me. The lather was thick, creamy, had just the right consistency, but it was just missing some of the luxury factor that tabac has. Now, I don't own any other triple milled soaps at the moment or any other tallow based ones so I cant make the comparison, but I think that tabac has made me fall out of love with glycerine soaps. I just cant put my finger on it guys, is this how the tallow obsession starts?

is this how the tallow obsession starts?
Yes..

Welcome to the cult. You'll enjoy it here!! :biggrin:

proxy.php

The next item on your to-buy list should be Kent / Mitchell's Wool Fat soap..

http://stores.ebay.com/Kentbrushes

(Yes, I am an enabler :biggrin: )

it just becomes something else to rotate with:rolleyes:

i've just gone the other way and i'm currently enjoying my MB's again.

+1 get some MWF

Hey guys,
8<
Here's the problem though; today I went to use a glycerine soap for today's shave and don't get me wrong, the results were fine, I got pretty good lather, as good as I felt that I was going to get out of the product, but something was just missing for me. The lather was thick, creamy, had just the right consistency, but it was just missing some of the luxury factor that tabac has.

Could it be (more) cushion which provides a small protective layer between the blade and the skin which makes the shave soooo much comfortable while at the same time doesn't give in on how easy the blade glides over the skin?
With some soaps it's almost one or the other.

Now, I don't own any other triple milled soaps at the moment or any other tallow based ones so I cant make the comparison, but I think that tabac has made me fall out of love with glycerine soaps. I just cant put my finger on it guys, is this how the tallow obsession starts?

I love tallow soaps as well (I have 3 at the moment) but there are other nice soaps which provides a great cushion and slickness as well in the right proportions.

Did I already tell I found a hidden treasure which provides this as well inclusive a very good moisturization. :whistling:

Hey guys,
........ I think that tabac has made me fall out of love with glycerine soaps. I just cant put my finger on it guys, is this how the tallow obsession starts?

The same happened to me. I sold off all but one of my MB Glycerin soaps and started buying Tallow. Believe me, you won't go back.

I thought the same thing. I however have kept my glycerine soaps and do rotate them in just for variety. Tallow soaps are my favorite, but I am a man of many soaps and I'm having fun shaving that way! :biggrin:

Top Bottom