What's new

Soap & Geography: name the best soap(s) that a country produces...

I thought it might be fun to list what members think are the top soaps by country of origin. For me, right now:

Italy--Cella
Great Britain--MWF
Spain--La Toja

Your turn....

France MdC , although there may be better soaps from there ? Also Durance make an excellent olive oil bath soap which is great as a pre shave face soap. Also, their shave soap is not as bad as widely reported (they may have improved it).

Italy - Agreed for the Cella.

From Brooklyn, Mike's. Fugeddaboudit.

From Turkey, Arko.

From Italy, Tcheon Fung Sing (I still can't over this one).

Last edited:
I've tried about 8 different Italian soaps and I will say they ALL perform really good. It is hard to choose just one but I think I would choose Cella based on a good scent and my skin doesn't feel quite as tight and dry afterward. But I love the scent of La Famiglia Zi' Peppino and the cooling effect of Proraso Green Tea and Oat. I guess what I'm saying is I would love to have the performace and skin care of Cella combined with the scent of Zi' Peppino and the menthol cooling of Proraso Green Tea and Oat. :thumbup:

But since that doesn't exist, Cella is my pick.

I've tried about 8 different Italian soaps and I will say they ALL perform really good. It is hard to choose just one but I think I would choose Cella based on a good scent and my skin doesn't feel quite as tight and dry afterward. But I love the scent of La Famiglia Zi' Peppino and the cooling effect of Proraso Green Tea and Oat. I guess what I'm saying is I would love to have the performace and skin care of Cella combined with the scent of Zi' Peppino and the menthol cooling of Proraso Green Tea and Oat. :thumbup:

But since that doesn't exist, Cella is my pick.

Well said!

Top Bottom