What's new

Soap for eczema?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have eczema on my hands, which means that I can't use normal bar soap. It dries my skin out too much. I have resigned myself to using liquid soaps, which I don't really like.

I have tried using artisan soaps, but they're simply too expensive.

Then I discovered pdp. It's expensive, yes, but it lasts a long long time. And it is treating my skin very well. One bar has lasted me nearly two weeks, which is great for the price.

I think that it lasts so long because of the milling. I don't know why it treats my skin so well.

I can't be the only guy with this condition. Does anyone else have any favorite soaps?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have eczema that is only inflamed by shaving soaps with Lanolin. I use only Lanolin-free soaps now. No more problems for me.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Sorry I should have been more clear. I mean hand and body soap. No eczema on my face! Just my hands.

I have eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and rosacea. I use savon de Marseille, Nablus or Aleppo soap. For my face I use sulphur soap.

Savon de Marseille liquide contains vegetable oil and SLS free.

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and rosacea. I use savon de Marseille, Nablus or Aleppo soap. For my face I use sulphur soap.

Savon de Marseille liquide contains vegetable oil and SLS free.
Thanks very much!

I have eczema on my hands, which means that I can't use normal bar soap. It dries my skin out too much. I have resigned myself to using liquid soaps, which I don't really like.

Then I discovered pdp. It's expensive, yes, but it lasts a long long time. And it is treating my skin very well. One bar has lasted me nearly two weeks, which is great for the price.

I think that it lasts so long because of the milling. I don't know why it treats my skin so well.

I can't be the only guy with this condition. Does anyone else have any favorite soaps?

You seem impressed that a bar of soap has lasted nearly two weeks.

Maybe wash your hands less often, and use lotion more often?

I'm not familiar with pdp soap, is it an acronym?
Anyway, I ended up learning how to make a bath soap with a formula that works for me in order to help relieve and reduce my eczema to around 95%. My eczema is now so tolerable and under control that I don't even notice it most days.
It's unfortunate that body chemistry most certainly plays a huge role in the severity of eczema in each individual and what works best to treat it.

My favourite soap for my sensitive skin is:

This is deliberately blank

I use a block of simple olive oil soap for hygiene and food preparation only.

Try it. Soap is lifestyle product sold using social engineering solely for the purposes of corperate profit.

Don't mean to bring you down, but this is one of those threads that reminds me of my dad's passing 4 years ago. He was a dermatologist and for most of my life ANY medical complaint was addressed first to dad. A topic like this I'd just call him and it would make his day, particularly after he retired. I think he just liked for his sons to call him for any reason.

I have psoriasis on many parts of my body.I wash with edible coconut oil.Use it just like a liquid soap.I know it is not a bar,it is liquid but you may find a great relief.It is easily absorbed by the skin and you can whipe your hands dry afterwards.

I'm not familiar with pdp soap, is it an acronym?
Anyway, I ended up learning how to make a bath soap with a formula that works for me in order to help relieve and reduce my eczema to around 95%. My eczema is now so tolerable and under control that I don't even notice it most days.
It's unfortunate that body chemistry most certainly plays a huge role in the severity of eczema in each individual and what works best to treat it.

I'm pretty sure Czech was talking about Pre de Provence. It's good stuff, no doubt, but it's also sold in a decent sized block of dense soap. I can't imagine going through one in two weeks. I suffer from eczema too (winter is my tough season) and I use soap very sparingly. That and regularly using lotion seems to be my sweet spot.

I have psoriasis on many parts of my body.I wash with edible coconut oil.Use it just like a liquid soap.I know it is not a bar,it is liquid but you may find a great relief.It is easily absorbed by the skin and you can whipe your hands dry afterwards.

The Romans used olive oil in a similar fashion.

I made a mix of grapeseed , parafin and castor oils for shaving, but now use it for bathing. I find it fantastic tbh.

I want it for body soap in the shower.

Okay, but still... a bar of soap should last two months at least (for me). I have eczema too, and the best advice I got was that soap is a necessary evil. Use as little as possible. Everyone is different of course, so perhaps yours is triggered by something else, but for me it’s definitely about oils in the skin. Soap dissolves that; so stay clean, but don’t overdo it.

Just got some of that African Shea Butter soap... forget the name. Says “for very dry skin”. Indian sandalwood soap was a no-go, even though I’m keeping it as a bathroom deodorizer. Smells great, but it seems strong (soap-wise) to me.

My only recommendation is Dove unscented. As a person with sensitive skin and eczema I highly recommend it. I use it in the bath and my skin loves it.

Chris

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Try using pine tar soap, or T-gel shampoo as a liquid soap. Worked for my dad. Or make your own by mixing T-gel shampoo with olive oil and coconut oil. And don't rule out an internal cause. Your liver or kidneys could be mad at you. Change your laundry soap. My wife makes ours up using Fels Naptha shavings mixed with other stuff. Hope you find relief my friend.

Top Bottom