What's new

GIVEAWAY! Soap, Cream, & misc. PIF (Pay It Forward), Part II

I've got this great stuff looking for a new loving home. I'm excited to be culling my shave den supplies and am further excited to be enriching somebody else!

Here's who qualifies:

1) Please no millionaires or folks who consider themselves "high income" (you can (and probably should) easily buy this sort of thing yourself!).
2) CONUS only, please.
3) If you win and there's stuff here that you don't want, please consider just PIF-ing it yourself (perhaps along with some of your own excess stuff).

Here's how it works:
- Just say, "I'm in!" I'll pick one person and message you to get mailing information.
- Deadline to get in on this is one week from today: 25 February 2023.

Here's what we've got here:
- Southern Witchcrafts Shaving Soap. Fifteen (!!) 1/3 ounce Southern Witchcrafts Shaving Soap Samples: Tres Matres, Carpathia, Pomona, Desairology, Druantia, Carmilla, Samhain, Necromantic, Autumn Ash, Lycanhropy, Fougere Nemeta, Grave Fruit II, Valley of Ashes, Labyrinth, Boonana. All are completely unused. Southern Witchcrafts soaps are currently one of the "Top 12" of best shaving soaps by Sharpologist.com. I got these samples to smell the scents. I really liked the scent of Autumn Ash, and subsequently bought a full tub of it.
- Ariana & Evans Choco Cubano Shaving Soap. This is a 1/4 oz sample from Maggard Razors--about 60% of it is still left. Ariana & Evans soaps are currently one of the "Top 12" of best shaving soaps according to Sharpologist.com. I loved this so much that I got a full tub of it.
- Castle Forbes Lime Essential Oil Shaving Cream. This is a 1/4 oz sample from Maggard Razors--about 40% of it is still left. Castle Forbes creams are currently one of the best shaving creams according to Sharpologist.com.
- Proraso Pre/Post shave cream. I used this exactly once. I have nothing against it, but it seems redundant with good shave soaps/creams.
- Arko Shaving Stick. This is an unopened container of this well-known traditional product. I like it. An incredible value. For me, using soaps in stick-form is my preferred means of application. I'm just including it because I have a bunch of them.
- Stirling Soap Company Boar Brush. This inexpensive boar brush has gotten excellent reviews. I like it, but am trying to cull my den. Just as with all boar brushes, be certain to soak it in water for a few minutes before each use!
- Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Intergalactic Indestructible Shatterproof Travel Scuttle. This is in like-new condition. I tried it, but I found that, even if I started with really hot water in it, the difference in shaving experience between using it and just leaving the loaded brush sitting on the counter between passes was immaterial. So for me, I judged that it wasn't worth the hassle of using it.
- Four 5-blade containers of Astra Superior Platinum Double-Edge Razor Blades (not shown in photo). These are very popular high-quality blades. I thought I'd throw these in because I have lots of them.

Good luck, everybody!

EricView attachment 1608087
I'm in.

Tried out a few or the items tonight. The Stirling Boar brush, my first boar, worked great, lathered well, little scrubby in a good way. Astra Green blade, has been years since I've used one, very comfortable close shave. Went through the shave soap samples, found a few mild ones, wife doesn't like anything strong, choose Southern Witchcraft Dryantia, lathered easily and slick. I've used the same soap, brush and not many different blades for a long while. It was great to try something new, impressed with a close, no drama BBS.

Top Bottom