What's new

Soap / cream blending.

You ever do it?

I am a home coffee roaster and I enjoy blending different beans to find that magical combo.

I have been experimenting with cream / soap combo's with success. Today I rubbed a small amount of KNF Lime onto my beard, let it sit while I lathered some Proraso Green into a dense lather. It was great shave. The slickness of the KMF with the wonderful cooling of the Proraso green.

Tomorrow with be a different combo.

Mark

I tried it for the fist time this past Saturday. I started with a little C.O. Bigelow and added some plain old VDH soap. Not a bad concoction for the first time!

Just got a tube of Proraso Red so I could try this very thing. It's actually the first cream I've bought. Mixed nicely with Arko to make a thick yogurty lather. Very nice.

This is the only way I can get rid of my tube of Caswell Massey Almond cream. It SUCKS on its own but when added to some other cream or soap it just adds a little extra creaminess to the mix.

I use VDH luxury soap with some Bigelow cream.

+1 Made my first super larger yesterday using this very combination.

Just got through shaving with my first uberlather. I used AoS Sandalwood cream, some glycerin, and Mike's Barber Shop.

Oh my! :thumbup:

Whip up some Kirk's Coconut hand soap....a almond size of Mem's cream.....5 drops of glycerin......mountains of long-lasting lather....
best shave ever.....BBS ever-time. Semper-fi ......Mike

Not to derail the thread but... Cigar guy, what beans have you blended successfully? Personally I'm always trying something but when I really want to do it up I mix 50/50 Java Gov't Estate roasted to City + and Yemen Mocha about 5 seconds into 2nd crack. (of course after that the Yemen needs to rest for about 72hrs!)
Back to the original topic, I often will mix soaps and creams. Sometimes I'll even make up an UBER-lather by adding a few drops of glycerin. My "go-to" is to usually use KMF unscented or Real Shave cream (mostly unscented) to boost a soap I love the smell of but might a finicky lather-er. For instance, Williams mug soap and KMF unscented if I want an easy lather that smells like Lemon PEZ!

I melted down a puck of Vdh deluxe and added some cremo shaving cream to the melted soap, gave a good mixing and let it cool down. Works great. Nice creamy lather.

I melted down a puck of Vdh deluxe and added a good amount of cremo shaving cream to the melted soap, gave a good mixing and let it cool down. Works great. Nice creamy lather.

I melted down a puck of Vdh deluxe and added a good amount of cremo shaving cream to the melted soap, gave a good mixing and let it cool down. Works great. Nice creamy lather.

Sounds cool! Did it solidify? How's the smell?

My daily routine lately has been to load the brush with Cella and then add a bit of Bio Palmyra. Lots of rich slick lather and great shaves.

Not to derail the thread but... Cigar guy, what beans have you blended successfully? Personally I'm always trying something but when I really want to do it up I mix 50/50 Java Gov't Estate roasted to City + and Yemen Mocha about 5 seconds into 2nd crack. (of course after that the Yemen needs to rest for about 72hrs!)

Micro lots change so quickly that I'm always experimenting. Currently have an Eth. natural pulled before second crack for the fruity tones mixed with an Indonisa roasted about 20 seconds into second crack to add a little smokiness. I also like to blend a Guat. to full city+ with an Eth. to city +. Chocolate covered cherries!

Last edited:
I always fill my brush with soap and add a dollop of shave cream and mix in a bowl. The only soap I use that already contains glycerin is Col. Conk. I do not add glycerin to my other soaps and still get the same extremely luxurious , rich lather and enough for 4 - 5 passes. I know that some soaps really need glycerin but I do not use them. My favorite soaps are Col. Conk, L'Occitane Cade, Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood and VDH. I have a couple that poster's say really need glycerin like Williams. I use several different shave creams in combination with soap and always switch the combinations around. I don't want to get locked in to only one combination. For me, this is part of the fun of wet shaving.

Top Bottom