What's new

Soap comparison

Minute or less to form this lather.

Attachments

• 20220823_052806.jpg
    20220823_052806.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 4
Don't worry too much about it. Soap is just a slow drying lubricant. Enough soap + enough water and they all perform the same. If you like the scent, keep buying it, scent is all that matters.

Sorry, all soaps do not perform the same. I wish they did as I would have stopped evaluating soaps after purchasing a few. Because I kept finding soaps that perform better, I ended up with over 100 different formulations and over 200 soaps in my den. There were a few soaps that were so bad that I threw them in the garbage. Some soaps I relegated to use in the shower. Some I gave away. There are only 25-30 formulations that I consider worthy of being used on my face.

Sorry, all soaps do not perform the same. I wish they did as I would have stopped evaluating soaps after purchasing a few. Because I kept finding soaps that perform better, I ended up with over 100 different formulations and over 200 soaps in my den. There were a few soaps that were so bad that I threw them in the garbage. Some soaps I relegated to use in the shower. Some I gave away. There are only 25-30 formulations that I consider worthy of being used on my face.
Would you be able to share your top performing formulations? Given your extensive past collection, I would love to learn what ultimately worked best for you.

EDIT: I was searching through posts and realized I had responded to your list in a separate thread. Thanks for sharing that there.

Last edited:
The soap does dry my skin some, but that is something I like, because I have somewhat oily skin. It is humid here in South Carolina and I don't like to feel residual slickness when I go to work because of the humidity. I know that sounds silly, but my face is going to be plenty moist from just going outside.

It might actually be cheaper to move up a notch. Some of the cheaper glycerin soaps will wear faster, so they aren't as cheap as they appear at first glance. The Razorock hard pucks and Pre de Provence will cost slightly more, but will definitely last a lot longer. Only you have any idea how long that local soap will last.

A tub of Stirling or Master Soap Creations will easily last me over 150 shaves for less than $14.
You are right, I can see how you can go through the glycerin soaps pretty quick. Will be picking up a pre Provence for sure.

Top Bottom