What's new

Soap Commander scent

Get Honor and you will not be disappointed. Soap Commander is now in my top three. In my opinion, it's like the vegan version of Stirling (another fantastic soap). I recently discovered Dapper Dragon's performance to be equal to or better than Stirling. I think these are now my top three soaps. I still like and love many others but my god how these three lather... also, if you order Soap Commander, be sure to get an aftershave balm. Holy crap is their balm the bomb! I recommend Integrity with menthol for the balm.

I just noticed Diazolidinyl Urea and Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate among the ingredients in my integrity balm. I Googled both and was less than pleased. The price is good as is the ingredient list for the most part but the Google results were unsettling.

I just noticed Diazolidinyl Urea and Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate among the ingredients in my integrity balm. I Googled both and was less than pleased. The price is good as is the ingredient list for the most part but the Google results were unsettling.
I read several pages worth of data on both ingredients and found nothing alarming or unsettling. Am I missing something?

Devotion (Amber and lavender) )
Is intoxicating but it' s a seasonal Fall scent.
Gratitude Ltd edition (Cedar and saffron). I hate saffron but love this scent.
Fortitude (hat, tobacco and rum) great scent and a favorite of mine.
I have a very unsophisticated nose, but so you understand my biases: generally don't choose floral scents but prefer citrus, mint, "tweed". The above soaps are my favorites. Kind of sweet in a spicy, warm and deep way, to me.
The tubs are large, long lasting, and have room to conveniently load the brush.
I also agree with others that the balms are very nice.
I have had a tub before that was hard to load, but I bloomed it a couple times and it has been great since.
Sorry for the verbose response to a simple question.
I'll be curious regarding your choice and assessment.

Got my first experience with “Respect” as a Christmas gift in the Bingle Exchange here on b&B. I must say that they took limes and patchouli two of my favorite scents and then stuck it in a super performing soap. Hard to believe I hadn’t tried their products before that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended purchasing Fortitude and really enjoying the scent. I don’t have a great sense of smell to begin with, but to me it’s a very mild smell. Can’t really pin it to one thing but it’s a lovely combination meaning more towards the combination of tobacco and rum. So far it’s been an amazing lather, thick and slick.

I ended purchasing Fortitude and really enjoying the scent. I don’t have a great sense of smell to begin with, but to me it’s a very mild smell. Can’t really pin it to one thing but it’s a lovely combination meaning more towards the combination of tobacco and rum. So far it’s been an amazing lather, thick and slick.

Terrific, man! Great shaves to come :)

Glad it sounds like it is living up to your hopes. Enjoy

Received Charisma in the mail today and I'm very excited. Haven't tried it yet but the scent out of the tub is very promising. I can confirm after research that their aftershave balms have some nasties and should be avoided at all cost. Someone scolded me on another thread of badger and blade for mentioning it but it's a fact. Probably the reason why I won't dive too deep into this brand and explore Wickham as well as stick to my other favorites like Barrister and Mann Reserve, Martin de Candre, Oleo Soapworks and catie's Bubbles. I see members of this forum comparing Soap Commander to Stirling, isn't it more like Catie's Bubbles ingredients wise?

I'm thinking to buy my very first Soap Commander Shaving Soap.

As what i've read yet, the soap seems to be very very good.

The Fortitude scent cought my interest. Tobacco, Hay, Rum...what do i have to expect?

Somewhat "powdery" like Tabac?

The soap is on the harder side right? Not as soft as Cella but not as hard as a Saponificio Varesino, correct?

Greetings
Thorsten

"Passion"; Teakwood & Cardamom. One of my first soaps on my wet shave venture a few years ago
and it is one of my favorites. As others have said, it's a great performing soap no matter what flavor.

I'm thinking to buy my very first Soap Commander Shaving Soap.

As what i've read yet, the soap seems to be very very good.

The Fortitude scent cought my interest. Tobacco, Hay, Rum...what do i have to expect?

Somewhat "powdery" like Tabac?

The soap is on the harder side right? Not as soft as Cella but not as hard as a Saponificio Varesino, correct?

Greetings
Thorsten

I love Soap Commander soap, but do not like the Fortitude scent. It smells like juicy fruit chewing gum to me, nothing like the description.

The soap has a waxy consistency to it. I find myself having to load a little bit longer with this brand, but it’s completely worth it

Get the Honor scent. Amazing fragrance and one of the best smelling shaving soaps I’ve ever come across. You could order samples too, which is probably the safest bet.

Thank you.

Honor is definetly on my list too, but my Mike's Barbershop will arrive the next days.

Are these scents in the same range? Honor and Mike's Barbershop?

Thank you.

Honor is definetly on my list too, but my Mike's Barbershop will arrive the next days.

Are these scents in the same range? Honor and Mike's Barbershop?

I found Honor, Mike's Barbershop and Ghost Town Barber to smell exactly the same. I wonder if there is a standard fragrance out there for barbershop that soap makers can order? YMMV.

I never had a chance to sniff Mike's Barbershop but from my experience, everything called Barbershop is all over the place, in the scent department. Mike's lather is very different to Soap Commander however, you'll just have to try out a few and see what you like best.

I got samples of fortitude, viva, passion and the only one I don't care for is courage it doesn't smell like mild cologne or anything to me very bland. Viva is pretty darn good for a summer scent take whiffs of it sometimes when not shaving, don't see it talked about much. Fortitude is really good I don't smell a strong hay note, or it blends in nicely. Passion is pretty good has a slighty spicy sweet notes with an incense note in the background smell, but I really like it.

Top Bottom