What's new

Soap Commander - Passion

On Soap Commander Passion.

Firstly, turns out I accidently mixed up the scent descriptions when I ordered, I meant to order the Courage scent. Oops!So, I was a bit surprised when I opened the can and immediately smelled clove/allspice. I'm not the biggest fan of clove scented products, bay rums etc. This Passion scent is not bay rum, although in the same vein. I get a very strong Chinese-five-spice note which is definitely the dominant one, and I actually find it is not too dissimilar to Old Spice. The scent strength is good,strong and stays that way when lathering. I get nada for sweet or citrus, just five-spice. I don't want to scare people away from this product, just that the scent is not at all my cup of tea.

Performance wise, Soap Commander is on par with anything I have used. It's simply excellent. I have very hard water, which did not cause a problem. The soap whipped up with ease, into a thick, pastey, smooth and shiny lather. The consistency of the lather reminds me of Razorock's Christmas in Tuscany/ ABCBA soap. I would not call this an overly thirsty soap, though it is very slick, very smooth. Post shave, my face feel was magnificent - soft, zero irritation, well hydrated, and lingering scent for a little while. It's not a soft soap like many Italian style croaps, but a bit harder, almost like the Palmolive shave stick.

I'm not one to fuss about packaging either way. I can say Soap Commander has done an excellent job. The jar is (as many of you already know) more than substantial for space to lather/load. The simple labeling is quite nice also. I'm kind of indifferent with regards to their corny names (Passion, Courage, Vision, etc) , but I get where they're going with them and I can respect that.

All in all, I will definitely look at ordering a few of the different offerings from Soap Commander in a sample pack. This is an exceptional soap performance wise, and I look forward to using other (more appealing to me) Soap Commander scents for many future shaves to come. Just a little disappointed I was mixed up and ordered probably the only scent offered which I am not very fond of - that's just me and my taste though, and my mistake while ordering. Based on performance, I highly recommend this company. Especially if you enjoy shea butter as an ingredient in your soaps.

I should also add, I ordered this from Maggard's (first time) and it was an excellent transaction.

Last edited:
I got a sample of the Passion in my luxury barber box this month. It is an excellent soap. I found it to have some sweet/citrus in it....not a lot but more than the OP. This is great stuff! I also have hard water and it lathers great in it.

I got a sample of the Passion in my luxury barber box this month. It is an excellent soap. I found it to have some sweet/citrus in it....not a lot but more than the OP. This is great stuff! I also have hard water and it lathers great in it.

Maybe on a different day, my snout will get the citrus. By no means should my scent preference dissuade anyone from trying this product. I also see it as good value 6oz for $15. I wonder if anyone has 3017'd a full can...

Different strokes as they say. I love Passion. The teakwood stands out for my nose with just a hint of cardamon. Anyone who is buying the soaps and not adding the matching balms are really making a huge mistake as the balms are fantastic.

I have a sample pack from them, and I have only used the unscented Integrity so far, but I have to echo your thoughts on just how easy it is to load and lather Soap Commander. The Post shave is outstanding. On par with Mike's and Mystic Water for the best post shave feeling soaps I have used.

+1 on Soap Commander.

It lathers like a vegan soap heavy with stearic acid, but moisturizes and glides with the best tallow soaps. Anyone who appreciates Maggard and LASS will love Soap Commander.

I just received my jar/tub of Soap Commander Passion Shaving Soap in the mail today. I also ordered from Maggard's (great service). I haven't tried it yet, but I'm on my way home to shower and shave right now. You folks have me all worked up in a lather. I mean for a lather.

I just enjoyed shave 3 with SC Passion. I believe I am doing a full 180 regarding the scent. I believe it has changed after 3 shaves and 2 test lathers. I am now picking up a more smooth, even sweet scent profile. The spice that I was getting is still there, but much less prominent - giving way to a fresh, creamy, woodsy type aroma. I must say (again), this lather is very good. I am really happy with this soap. :thumbup1:

I just enjoyed shave 3 with SC Passion. I believe I am doing a full 180 regarding the scent. I believe it has changed after 3 shaves and 2 test lathers. I am now picking up a more smooth, even sweet scent profile. The spice that I was getting is still there, but much less prominent - giving way to a fresh, creamy, woodsy type aroma. I must say (again), this lather is very good. I am really happy with this soap. :thumbup1:

I found the same thing happening with the Soap Commander Confidence. The scent profile rounded out to become more complete a few shaves in. I am really liking the soap.

OK, I've shaved twice with this soap. My 1st time, I couldn't get the lather quite right. (Newbie lathering skills. My 1st hard soap. REALLY hard water here.) 2nd time went better as I swirled more loading and started with more product. I had a very nice comfortable shave and, as others have stated, the post-shave feel of my skin was OUTSTANDING. I like the warm scent of this soap, also. Just my inexperienced $0.02.

I found the same thing happening with the Soap Commander Confidence. The scent profile rounded out to become more complete a few shaves in. I am really liking the soap.

That was my experience with Confidence also. There are two versions of Confidence out there. The original, Musk & French Vanilla, still available at Maggards and after one it's fragrances was discontinued a new formula of Confidence with Honey, Musk and Patchouli. U have the original version, Musk & French Vanilla. When I first opened it, I was ambivalent about the scent, finding it to be just okay. After it sat a few days, I picked up again and found it had indeed, I like the use of the word "rounded" into something quite enjoyable. Carrie's scents are complex with a number of scents effectively blended into something quite unique and wonderful.

OK, I've shaved twice with this soap. My 1st time, I couldn't get the lather quite right. (Newbie lathering skills. My 1st hard soap. REALLY hard water here.) 2nd time went better as I swirled more loading and started with more product. I had a very nice comfortable shave and, as others have stated, the post-shave feel of my skin was OUTSTANDING. I like the warm scent of this soap, also. Just my inexperienced $0.02.

Rob, a nice hard tip that I learned with MWF, a much more difficult soap to lather was to place a light coat of water on the soap for at least 30 seconds, swirl that water around the soap with your finger building a wet, soapy froth. Pour that froth off into your sink and then start building your lather on the now softened soap.

Glad that you got to experience the great moisturizing qualities of the shea butter in Soap Commander.

Soap Commander-Courage

I tried the SC Courgage for the first time today. I like this soap. The Courgage scent is excellent. I loaded my brush for 20 seconds and ended up with enough lather for 3+ passes. It is slick and has good post-shave conditioning. I think this will be staying around in my Shave Den.

Scent: Japanese grapefruit, bergamot, and lemon; followed by middle notes of peppercorn, ginger, jasmine, aquatic marine notes, and a hint of peppermint; sitting on expensive base notes of natural patchouli, cedar, vetiver, labdanum, and frankincense.

Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Distilled Water, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Castor Oil, Fragrance, Colorant (Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Tin Oxide.)

proxy.php

proxy.php

I recently procured the Courage as well. I have only done a test lather as I have recently purchases many soaps. The lather was fantastic. I can not wait to try to shave with this soap.

Top Bottom