What's new

Soap Commander Integrity

I have a tub of Soap Commander Honor, their barbershop scent, and while it performs well the scent doesn't work for me. I finally got a tub of the unscented Integrity and used it for the first time this morning. It does a fine job but now without the headache afterwards from the scent. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Soap Commander it's just that I am hyper-sensitive to most scents. Beyond Cella, Tabac, Haslinger, and Speick there isn't much that doesn't give me a headache. A lot of the newer artisan soaps are a problem for me - I don't know why but it just is. I've tried Stirling, Barrister and Mann, etc. and they all gave me headaches. For others these products are the best thing since sliced bread and I am happy for the customer and the companies. More power to you for whatever works for you.

In any case, I will hand it to Soap Commander for producing a soap that makes lathering exceptionally easy and effective.

Last edited:
Thats really sad to hear. Most have a skin reaction to certain soaps on this Forum. You might want to try Imperial Barber shave soap. It has NO scent at all. Youtube Nick shaves for video's of it.

I have a tub of Soap Commander Honor, their barbershop scent, and while it performs well the scent doesn't work for me. I finally got a tub of the unscented Integrity and used it for the first time this morning. It does a fine job but now without the headache afterwards from the scent. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Soap Commander it's just that I am hyper-sensitive to most scents. Beyond Cella, Tabac, Haslinger, and Speick there isn't much that doesn't give me a headache. A lot of the newer artisan soaps are a problem for me - I don't know why but it just is. I've tried Stirling, Barrister and Mann, etc. and they all gave me headaches. For others these products are the best thing since sliced bread and I am happy for the customer and the companies. More power to you for whatever works for you.

In any case, I will hand it to Soap Commander for producing a soap that makes lathering exceptionally easy and effective.

Did you try Stirling "Naked and Smooth"? That's Stirling's unscented soap. Many other artisans and even commercial companies also offer an unscented version of their soap. What causes headaches or skin reactions for most people with sensitivities is one or more of the Essential Oils, Fragrance Oils or Perfumes used to scent the soaps; the unscented versions don't have any of that.

I am touchy to some scents and avoid most of the really "complex" scents. I have gotten unscented soaps from Soap Commander, Stirling, The Shave Den, Valobra and also Simpsons shaving cream. And I believe I have seen unscented offerings from Reef Point and Route 66. Come to think of it, I have also used TOBS Jermyn Street. All of the great lather and shave performance of these makes; none of the scent issues...

Have you tried Mike's Natural Soaps Unscented soap? I'm a big fan of Mike's soaps, great performance and post shave feel.

FWIW most of his scents are simple EO's, so perhaps his scented soaps may work for you also.

I have tried Imperial Barber and both unscented offerings from Stirling but there is just something about these products that don’t work for me, fine products though that I am sure they are.

Regarding Mike’s, hmmm? That is one I have never tried. I will put that on my list for the future.

Thanks all for your suggestions and input.

Top Bottom