What's new

Soap buildup on razor (Merkur Progress)

Hi all, it's been awhile since I've posted, hope all are doing well.

Quick question, I use a Merkur Progress, and am a 100% soap user. Every week when I change the blade I spray the Progress with Scrubbing Bubbles, and lightly scrub with a tooth brush to get off all the soap build up. However, there are a few nook and crannies on the razor that I just can't reach with the tooth brush, and I'm getting some soap build up. I've tried to let the scrubbing bubbles set on it for a few minutes, but that doesn't seem to help.

Any suggestions on some kind of cleaner I could soak the razor in that would not damage it or the finish?

Thanks for all the help.

My wife has some pipe cleaner that she bought at the craft store that helped to scrub at the areas a typical tooth brush couldn't get to. You may try that. Other then that, scrubbing bubbles seems to work well for me. . .

My wife has some pipe cleaner that she bought at the craft store that helped to scrub at the areas a typical tooth brush couldn't get to. You may try that. Other then that, scrubbing bubbles seems to work well for me. . .

Hadn't thought of a pipe cleaner, that's a good idea. Thanks, I may give that a shot.

You may also want to try turning your water up a little bit. Turning your kitchen sink on hotttttttttttttt. Let it stay on for a couple minutes till its just steamy water flowing out and than wash rinse the razor in that. It should take care of all the soap scum in a few seconds.

Top Bottom