What's new

Soap allergies...need help please

So I have been shaving with soaps and brushes since the end of 2015 and I have used quite a few brands and types of soap/cream since then. I'll list a few here:
Art of shaving new formula soap sandalwood (along with aftershave balm)
Art of shaving old formula NOS from ebay (only once so far did not seem to bother my allergy)
Art of shaving cream
Cella (was very early on not sure if I had an allergy to it)
T&H creams nearly every scent, (all last year)
Dr. Harris (all last year)
Haslinger
TOBS (different flavors but I prefer T&H so I have not used these in awhile, probably will not again)
Castle forbes (whole jar of lime oil)

None of the above seem to bother me. The weather affects my allergies but I'm not exactly sure why, and I'm not aware of what specifically allergic to. I guess I was either not bothered enough to notice any of the above affecting me.

At the beginning of this year I could not hold out anymore I bought some Pannacrema Nuavia Verde that I have been wanting to try along time. I used it for a couple of week and started noticing my allergies flaring up quite a bit. I believe it was this soap, and SV Dolomiti affecting my allergies. I'm curious since these are both vegan based soaps and these use different oils if that is the reason they are affecting my allergies. Also I'm curious if there is a common oil in these two soaps that I should look out for in the future and not buy stuff that contain that oil that is in common.

I know its a bit of a long shot but I was wondering if I should just stay away from certain things.

Sir Kxthor, IMO, allergic reactions are very personal issues.
Who knows what fragrance or ingredient might trigger something from your allergies?
It's like with your allergy doc, who will do scratch tests with dozens of products.
Vegan or tallow might not make any difference, it might be other ingredients.
You just might have to experiment and determine what works or does not for you.
But, enjoy the journey!

Maybe you need to change what you use to wash your face. If you are anything with menthol, stop. I have found the unscented tallow bath soap from Stirling soaps works great and has a healing affect. I also have issues with dryness on my legs and this solves it, if I use it enough. I do use it daily for a face wash. I didn't care for his face soap,though.

Naked & Smooth - Bath

Maybe you need to change what you use to wash your face. If you are anything with menthol, stop. I have found the unscented tallow bath soap from Stirling soaps works great and has a healing affect. I also have issues with dryness on my legs and this solves it, if I use it enough. I do use it daily for a face wash. I didn't care for his face soap,though.

Naked & Smooth - Bath

I didn't even think of this but I am using a face wash. If it doesn't have methanol it for sure has alcohol in it. I did buy some new bar soap to wash my face with. Have not tried it yet. I will definitely throw the other stuff away. Thank you.

The new stuff that I bought is called glyce. Have you heard of it?

I didn't even think of this but I am using a face wash. If it doesn't have methanol it for sure has alcohol in it. I did buy some new bar soap to wash my face with. Have not tried it yet. I will definitely throw the other stuff away. Thank you.

The new stuff that I bought is called glyce. Have you heard of it?
I have. Another forum member suggested it. I looked in to it but the link I gave, to me, is really good. If you read the reviews on their site you will see simular things. Give the glyce a try. It may do the trick.

BTW, the only reason I suggested to stop using menthol face wash was it gave me terrible issues but took several months to develop. They would come and go and i narrowed it down to that. I still use aqua velva and skin bracer, love skin bracer, just not on a daily basis. They both have menthol. I don't have issues with occasional use.

BTW, the only reason I suggested to stop using menthol face wash was it gave me terrible issues but took several months to develop. They would come and go and i narrowed it down to that. I still use aqua velva and skin bracer, love skin bracer, just not on a daily basis. They both have menthol. I don't have issues with occasional use.

Thanks a bunch. I was really not looking to get rid of my soaps. Hopefully this helps. If it does sir you will be in for a big thank you for sure.

Shaved this morning with Bulldog shaving gel, first time use, and have sneezed constantly since then.

Ingredients are Aqua (Water), Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Glycerin, Coco-glucoside, Acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium chloride, Sodium hydroxide, Benzoic acid, Parfum (Fragrance)*, Menthol, Dehydroacetic acid, Amorphophallus konjac root extract, Camelina sativa seed oil, Limonene, Camellia sinensis (Green tea) leaf extract, Potassium sorbate, Sodium benzoate, Citric acid, Tocopherol.*a blend of natural ingredients

I wouldnt recommend Bulldog shaving gel, really underwhelming.

Try this soap works great for me and a friend that has really bad allergies.
Also this is a easy load and lather slick soap.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just get a list of the soaps that caused reactions see the identical ingredients, then see the order they are in.

company to the other soaps you use without issue. youll see it can be merely amount in product, or just specific chemicals.

Top Bottom