What's new

Soap Acquisition Thread

i quite fancy a banana scented shaving soap, the only one i can see that is readily available is the Chiselled face one, i see a PAA one but it seems to be seasonal, there's mention of a Caties Bubbles one, but can't see it available anywhere online, are there any other readily available "banana" offerings, cheers guys👍🏼😉

Shannon's Soap used to have a Pineapple Banana. I LOVE it but it appears it might be seasonal or no longer available.

i quite fancy a banana scented shaving soap, the only one i can see that is readily available is the Chiselled face one, i see a PAA one but it seems to be seasonal, there's mention of a Caties Bubbles one, but can't see it available anywhere online, are there any other readily available "banana" offerings, cheers guys👍🏼😉

Are you looking for only straight banana or will banana with other scent notes work?

If banana with other scents works, my second favourite warm weather scent is A&E SoCal Hipster. I mostly get pineapple and banana. The scent notes are: Pink peppercorn, pineapple, banana, passion fruit, mango, cade, oakmoss, sandalwood, cedarwood and musk.

Are you looking for only straight banana or will banana with other scents in the scent notes work?

If banana with other scents works, my second favourite warm weather scent is A&E SoCal Hipster. I mostly get pineapple and banana. The scent notes are: Pink peppercorn, pineapple, banana, passion fruit, mango, cade, oakmoss, sandalwood, cedarwood and musk.
i actually have SoCal Hipster in my rotation, I'm unsure if I've actually used it yet(only once if i have🤔) , I'll dig it out and have a sniff of it again, cheers👍🏼😁

Are you looking for only straight banana or will banana with other scent notes work?

i just dug out my SoCal Hipster, it doesn't look like it's been used at all, i gave it another sniff,it's really nice, i get the Pineapple, I've already got my stuff chosen for today's shave, but i think I'll use the SoCal Hipster on Wednesday or so, cheers for reminding me of it👍🏼

i just dug out my SoCal Hipster, it doesn't look like it's been used at all, i gave it another sniff,it's really nice, i get the Pineapple, I've already got my stuff chosen for today's shave, but i think I'll use the SoCal Hipster on Wednesday or so, cheers for reminding me of it👍🏼

No problem at all, hope you enjoy it as much as I do 👍

IMG_2713.JPG

If I recall correctly Don Jose by A&Y is coconut banana scented.

B&B has long-standing Razor Acquisition and Brush Acquisition threads.
Why not have a dedicated shaving Soap Acquisition Thread for B&Bers to share what soaps we are purchasing?

What's your latest soap acquisition?
Tell us a little about why you bought this particular soap.
Post a pic (not required, but always appreciated)!
Got lucky at a couple antique stores on Saturday. For $5 CAD got an old Williams Tonsorial shaving Soap also got 2 vintage Williams Shaving sticks also for $5 each....
20210501_190744.jpg
20210503_193329.jpg

At the next store scored 2 pre 2000 Willams shaving soaps new in boxes for $5 each again... these had old Army & Navy store price tags and the Army & Navy store closed in 2000.....

20210503_193314.jpg

Last but not least got a Yardley shaving soap which still has plastic wrap on it....again for $5 CAD.....

20210503_193341.jpg

So all in $30 CAD which is about $25 USD...... I think was pretty happy as I would have probably paid $30 for the Yardley alone..

20210503_193422.jpg

The Tonsorial made it into my mug on Saturday night first time using vintage Williams and it was very slick and really creamy very good stuff.....

Attachments

• 20210503_193314.jpg
    20210503_193314.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 20210503_193422.jpg
    20210503_193422.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 10
Well, here’s the haul:

1. SS Blizzard: Tallow
2. SS Bayberry
3. A&E Spartacus
4. HSSC Silence

All very good soaps at a minimum. Been using each of them, and will be putting my thoughts up when I’ve had a chance to properly test them.
View attachment 1236301
I LOVE Sudsy Soapery! Sadly, I only have Citrus & Bay, and that is almost finished. How do you like these two scents?

having used my HSSC barbershop soap a few days ago and was really impressed by its lovely lather and slickness, this was my first use of a HSSC soap, i decided to purchase another soap from HSSC for my rotation, so read a few scent profiles for some of their other soaps, and decided on Green Door, i fancy the woody forest scent, so i will place the order sometime today once I've decided on a full order, so is Green Door a good choice, has anyone else used Green Door, scent, slickness etc do you recommend it, cheers all👍🏼

having used my HSSC barbershop soap a few days ago and was really impressed by its lovely lather and slickness, this was my first use of a HSSC soap, i decided to purchase another soap from HSSC for my rotation, so read a few scent profiles for some of their other soaps, and decided on Green Door, i fancy the woody forest scent, so i will place the order sometime today once I've decided on a full order, so is Green Door a good choice, has anyone else used Green Door, scent, slickness etc do you recommend it, cheers all👍🏼
Nope, I have not tried Green Door but if you like more aquatic/cologne style scents, their Kootenay Blue is excellent. Great performance and comes in a 3oz tub which makes it less expensive. The AS is excellent as well.

From HSSC (pretty much nails the scent)... A bright, slightly “aquatic” scent featuring green top notes, Bergamot, Lime, Jasmine, Orange and Eucalyptus.

Top Bottom