What's new

Soap Acquisition Thread

I told myself I was done with soaps for a while. Especially Barrister and Mann soaps - I have plenty of those. Next time I’d buy soaps would be, by Gawd, maybe next year and would probably be Zingari.

I ordered Barrister and Mann’s Petrichor soap and splash from Maggard’s today.

Limited supply, scent sounded nice and spring-ish, Excelsior base, blah blah blah.

For real - I’m done this time!

I told myself I was done with soaps for a while. Especially Barrister and Mann soaps - I have plenty of those. Next time I’d buy soaps would be, by Gawd, maybe next year and would probably be Zingari.

Limited supply, scent sounded nice and spring-ish, Excelsior base, blah blah blah.

Yeah, sure! That's what I keep telling myself.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.

I did the same mental gymnastics yesterday. Wound up with another tub of Soft Heart Diamond.

they make one for us.......

been wanting to try Zingari anyway......inbound
20200501_143829.jpg

camo

nice man, here’s hoping

IMO you’re gonna love LGC and the TOBS, still waiting on the ZM but damn that A&E wasn’t good.
What about the A&E didn't you like? I have tried the Summer Fig once, but have not tried the Asian Pear yet. The Summer Fig is a very unusual scent, can't put my finger on it. The performance was excellent though.

You are correct, the ZM, ToBS and LGC are all great. The ZM is the slickest, silkiest soap I have tried or at least tied for first.

What about the A&E didn't you like? I have tried the Summer Fig once, but have not tried the Asian Pear yet. The Summer Fig is a very unusual scent, can't put my finger on it. The performance was excellent though.

You are correct, the ZM, ToBS and LGC are all great. The ZM is the slickest, silkiest soap I have tried or at least tied for first.

It shaved great, no worries there. Was the scent; had a really plasticky undertone to it, for lack of a better word.

Fortunately olfactory subjectivity is a thing. Hope you love it!

nice man, here’s hoping

IMO you’re gonna love LGC and the TOBS, still waiting on the ZM but damn that A&E wasn’t good.

A&E Summer Fig is not one of my favorite scents. My tub was produced back before Peter started adding Manteca (pig fat) and strained yogurt to the formula. Although the performance of my soap is excellent, it is not up to the elite level of current A&E formulas. The Asian Pear uses Peter's most recent formula other than the Kaisen formula which has not yet been released to the general public. Apparently, Kaisen is his best formula yet.

Top Bottom