What's new

Soap Acquisition Thread

Decided I needed a couple of shaving stick to go with a new Omega Jade and Semogue Torga brush, the rest just sort of fell into my basket :lol:
soap (2).jpg

Bought these on a whim as it's made in Canada/PEI and was cheap. Tried the Earl Grey one..pretty nice smell. Lather dissipates after a while though..but they advertise as low lather soaps

proxy.php
Low... lather? I know what each individual word means but when you put them together I can't parse the meaning.

Finally pulled the trigger on my first full puck(s) — Stirling's Gatlinburg and Deep Blue Sea! The samples were irresistable, and I feel like I have a fall/winter and summer/spring scent now. Also picked up some sample EdTs to try and check sillage etc. before committing to a full bottle someday. A bit scared to crack open the Executive Man and Haverford, as I really need to start saving again after my latest splurge...

stirling.jpg

I just started a puck of Razorock XXX. I like it, nice invigorating scent, I think it may have menthol in it. Thick and creamy lather. It is soft, so lathers easily.

I read that it may have tallow (I forget). The vendor put a security sticker over the label, which tore when I peeled it off. I can't read the ingredient list. I guess it is a soft 'Italian style' soap. Much better than Proraso.

Excerpt from their RazoRock XXX Italian Shaving Soap page:

"Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Water(Eau), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Potassium, Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Tallow Acid, Hydrogenated Lanolin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea)Butter Fragrance(Parfum), Argania Spinosa (Argan)Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Extract(Aloe), Amylcinnamic Aldehyde , Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hydrocitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Isoeugenol, A-Isomethylionone, Oakmoss(Evernia Prunasti)."

Thanks for the link. The place where I got it didn't have an ingredient list. I have now discovered there is more than 1 RazoRock XXX. This is what I actually got, it didn't have Fresco in the description and the jar doesn't have it either.

Top Bottom