What's new

Soap Acquisition Thread

I have heard about this soap on many threads but never thought I could get my hands on it. Not that expensive, just scarce. I had to source it through my buddy who lives in Bremen but the increasingly hard to come by Sir Irish Moos for only 20 Euros...actually its on its way.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
nice.

would like to hear about your thoughts on Which Ones Pink.

camo
Yes, I’d be curious to know if which ones pink gives you any tingle or burn. I use the A&E soaps routinely and this is the only one that didn’t agree with my skin.

Im awaiting the USPS delivery of cannabliss santal, the city, vacanza romana, and pamplemousse on monday. I really love this soapbase.

I'll let you know! Proraso Red gives me a little tingly when I shave with it, so this may as well.
I suspect it’s the pink peppercorn, so I’ve avoided it in the other one or two of his soaps that are listing this as a top note. In my instance, it was just uncomfortable to have on my skin, never caused the slightest blemish or irritation. I don’t mention this to put down the product in anyway, just interested in how it works for others. I love this brand, prefer it to the other artisans I’ve tried.

Just ordered Grooming Dept Angel that was released yesterday
New packaging and not sure new formula on Angel

Lambs Tallow

Was going to also order a soap in the new base but they sold out in seconds

Any grooming dept experts on lamb tallow formula?

I suspect it’s the pink peppercorn, so I’ve avoided it in the other one or two of his soaps that are listing this as a top note. In my instance, it was just uncomfortable to have on my skin, never caused the slightest blemish or irritation. I don’t mention this to put down the product in anyway, just interested in how it works for others. I love this brand, prefer it to the other artisans I’ve tried.
Pink peppercorns are nuts. If you have a nut allergy avoid.

nice.

would like to hear about your thoughts on Which Ones Pink.

camo

Yes, I’d be curious to know if which ones pink gives you any tingle or burn. I use the A&E soaps routinely and this is the only one that didn’t agree with my skin.

Im awaiting the USPS delivery of cannabliss santal, the city, vacanza romana, and pamplemousse on monday. I really love this soapbase.

I gave this one a go tonight!

Scent is much more complex lathered and shaved with than straight off of the puck. More woodsy to my nose, and some really subtle floral along with the citrus.

I experienced no tingling, no burning. It was very mildly warm. I mean barely. No irritation or blemishes. Proraso Red is tingly and warm to my face. This wasn’t.

Pink peppercorns are nuts. If you have a nut allergy avoid.
Pink peppercorns are actually berries. They are in the same family of foods we refer to as nuts such as peanuts and cashews, which are considered edible seeds. However, I was unaware that these berries fell into the same classification as these “nuts” and I am surprised. I don’t have any allergy to peanuts or the like. But this is good to know as general knowledge going forward. 👍🏻

...another one out of quarantine. I was going to have a 'Tabac Tuesday' for my first shave with this soap, but kicking the can to Tabac Thursday.

I could do without the hint of tobacco (smoked for a long time, but April will mark 10 smoke-free years), but it's not as offensive as the smell of Arko to me, so definitely doable. :)

I had to bump it, though, because the Haslinger sandalwood was a great shave that I want to mix it with a teaspoon of TOBS sandalwood (one of my favorite scents thus far) and take it for another test drive. Good stuff.

Tabac-Thursday.jpg

Top Bottom