What's new

Soaking MWF

I just picked up my first puck of MWF and have read here a few times that people say you are supposed to soak it before use. Are you guys referring to just putting a couple drops of water on top of it and letting it soak like you would a triple milled soap or are you referring to actually submersing the soap in water? If submersing, how long do you do this for?

Many people submerse it but I don`t know for how long.

Personally I get great results just loading a shaken 1305 for almost a minute and building in a cup.

Enjoy a great soap!

I throw a couple drops of hot water on top of the puck and load a damp brush for about 30 seconds. I've face lathered and bowl lathered with it and both work brilliantly.

i have done it with soak and without. i find it unnecessary, but like others have said, i add a couple drops of hot water on top when i shower (not a lot, just a few drops).

i then use the "marco method" of lathering and lather in my scuttle with no issues.

If used frequently it should absorb enough water to stay happy. Ignore it for a few weeks and it's a different story. MWF likes to be used.

I use a scuttle, with soaps I shave a few flakes into the scuttle and add about two teaspoons of water before I start my shower. I got the idea from the sample of MWF I received from Gary's sample shop, it looks like a small bag of shredded cheese. I have never had a problem lathering soaps this way, including MWF. I prefer a soft brush, so lathering off of a puck can be frustrating.

Top Bottom