What's new

So... Who Vapes?

I have been a smoker on and off for around 10 years but over the last year I have been trying various different ways of quitting.

Patches - Cause skin irritation and gave me a dull ache in my elbow - FAIL

Gum - So many different brands, only 1 was nice but it was too expensive to keep up, I also got jaw ache after a while. - FAIL

Mini mints - Tasted like chalky minty burning poo. - FAIL

Mouth Spray - Burned like I had just sprayed battery acid in my mouth - FAIL

Champix - started off fine, after day 4/5 I stopped smoking and didn't want a cig. I noticed even if I had one that it tasted nasty and felt boring and had no effect. by day 8/9 I started getting messed up dreams, acid reflux / feeling sick and the final nail in the coffin was when I started with a tight chest pain. - FAIL FAIL FAIL!!!!

So, I took up smoking again and enjoyed it for another few months and got to try the new "burst" cig's which have come out.

2 Weeks ago, I went into a shop an noticed they sold a disposable e-cig, I have noticed them before, but they had always been silly money; this disposable one however, was only £2.00! I gave it a shot... to my amazement, the taste was much nicer than a normal cig, the stuff you inhale is warm like when you inhale a cig, had the same "hit" at the back of the throat and stopped the nicotine craving my brain was after.

I have now bought what I would class as the next step up. A pair of rechargeable e-cigs and plenty of cartridges and e-juice to keep me going.

I have not had nor wanted a real cig for over 10 days now. Even when offered one, I have turned them down.

I have noticed my sense of smell and taste has come back and I have more energy than I used to and I have had no ill effects from the e-cigs.

I can say for sure, I am nicely on my way out from the tight grip that tobacco had on me and I wont be going back!

Does anyone else on here vape? I am interested to see what set up's you use and also which flavors you are using.

-Chiller-

I tried it a couple times. Had tobacco flavor, apple flavor, and strawberry flavor. Didn't like it much myself.

Awesome job on 10 days without cigs. Just made it to 6 weeks this last sunday. Used snus and the pipe to do it. I didn't want to quit tobacco so much as I wanted to stop running outside every 30 minutes for a smoke break.

I have been a smoker on and off for around 10 years but over the last year I have been trying various different ways of quitting.

Patches - Cause skin irritation and gave me a dull ache in my elbow - FAIL

Gum - So many different brands, only 1 was nice but it was too expensive to keep up, I also got jaw ache after a while. - FAIL

Mini mints - Tasted like chalky minty burning poo. - FAIL

Mouth Spray - Burned like I had just sprayed battery acid in my mouth - FAIL

Champix - started off fine, after day 4/5 I stopped smoking and didn't want a cig. I noticed even if I had one that it tasted nasty and felt boring and had no effect. by day 8/9 I started getting messed up dreams, acid reflux / feeling sick and the final nail in the coffin was when I started with a tight chest pain. - FAIL FAIL FAIL!!!!

So, I took up smoking again and enjoyed it for another few months and got to try the new "burst" cig's which have come out.

2 Weeks ago, I went into a shop an noticed they sold a disposable e-cig, I have noticed them before, but they had always been silly money; this disposable one however, was only £2.00! I gave it a shot... to my amazement, the taste was much nicer than a normal cig, the stuff you inhale is warm like when you inhale a cig, had the same "hit" at the back of the throat and stopped the nicotine craving my brain was after.

I have now bought what I would class as the next step up. A pair of rechargeable e-cigs and plenty of cartridges and e-juice to keep me going.

I have not had nor wanted a real cig for over 10 days now. Even when offered one, I have turned them down.

I have noticed my sense of smell and taste has come back and I have more energy than I used to and I have had no ill effects from the e-cigs.

I can say for sure, I am nicely on my way out from the tight grip that tobacco had on me and I wont be going back!

Does anyone else on here vape? I am interested to see what set up's you use and also which flavors you are using.

-Chiller-

I just want to Congratulate you on taking the steps towards quitting. I know it isn't easy, and by the sounds of it you have gained some excitement and momentum over your newfound success. I wish you well and much encouragement towards your end goal.

I tried an e-cig once at a kiosk in the mall ... surprisingly good flavor, and I was ready to buy it until the salesperson started telling me how much they cost. Way out of my range, they wanted close to $200 at first bat with several cartons of refills. Even when they started offering me "Today's Special Price" and switching around different products and refills until I was so confused by how much I wanted, I had to walk away.

Since then, they've appeared in local convenience stores for around $20, but I haven't gotten it yet. A friend of mine at work had it about a year ago. He would smoke the e-cig on the job and then go back to regular cigarettes on breaks and at home. Lately, he has just been smoking regular cigs. I don't know why he gave up the e-cigs, but I'll ask him on Thursday.

I would love to quit smoking. $7 a day adds up really fast. Like you, I've tried patches, gum, meditation, even magnets that you put on your ear. They all work in a short-term basis, but I can't seem to find the right button that will turn it off permanently.

Like you, I do enjoy smoking. I'm not worried about the health aspects. I've been smoking for 40 years and still going strong. But its just getting too expensive, and I've got better things I can do with that money. Short of being stranded on a deserted island for a month, or locking myself in a rubber room, I don't know how to kick the habit. I can go about 12 hours without a smoke before I start jonesing really bad, and I have to head out to the convenience store, no matter what time of day or what the weather is like.

My grandfather was a hard-core smoker. 2 packs a day of non-filter Camels. When he went into the hospital at age 85 for surgery on a stomach ulcer, he had to give up smoking during his stay. And he turned into a really mean son-of-a-***** in a hurry. Yelling at the staff, throwing things, he lost his appetite and dropped 20 pounds from his already thin frame. The operation was a success, but he passed away within 3 weeks. I'm convinced that if he had been allowed to smoke in the hospital, he'd still be alive today.

I'm not sure what the rules are about posting links to other forums but, there is an e-cigarette forum which has everything you could ever want to know on there including links to good online stores where to buy the equipment and juices. because in my job, I deliver to shops all over my county, I have seen that only 9 shops out of the just under 500 I deliver to sell e-cigs, out of the 9 that do, only 1 sells ones which are worth buying but they are over priced compared to some online retailers. I don't know if it's due to most people been unaware of the differences in e-cigs or if it's because there is currently no guidelines on them but it seems that the ones you can buy in a store are generally poor quality and not worth buying. If your going to invest in one, I recommend buying a disposable one 1st, see if you get your fix from that for the day or how ever long it lasts, then I would invest in one of the larger rechargeable ones.

I have been vaping for quite some time (along with my wife). She likes coffee flavor and I like the more natural cig flavors. It's not a cigarette and it's not as enjoyable as a cigarette, but it's cheaper and pretty darn good honestly.

I like the e-cig been using it for a bit over a year. I use an eGo with low res atomizers. I almost exclusively drip but I have a tank carto and tea bags to make cartridges if I feel like it. I just started making my own flavors which is way nicer. Diluting pre-flavored juice leaves something to be desired.

To those interested, buy on the internet. In my experience local establishments are way overpriced (unless you live in the right place). They also tend to sell the e-cigs most consider kinda crappy.

The thread linked above is a good one and worth a read. The e-cigarette-forum is the next place, but a bit daunting with massive amounts of info. If you have an interest and would like my 2 cents feel free to PM me.

Top Bottom