What's new

So, which blade should I go for? Shark in particular and other Amazon bulk.

Gillete super edges yellow pack are awesome as are the Gillette super platinum black package. 100 pack is around 18 bucks a little pricier but well worth it. Sharper and smoother than personnas in my opinion.

in the end of the day the difference between 10 cents a blade and 20 cents a blade won't kill you financially. Go for what you like .

Cheap:
Astra SP
Lab Blue

Little more:
GSB
Gillette super Plat (black)
Feather
Voskhod

Overall I like the Personna Lab and Astra for price, but been able to push WAY more shaves than ever before out of GSB. I think I had 19 on one.
I usually get 2-4 max out of any blade.

Well, it has been a year and I'm out of blades. Not sure what I should go for. I used to have a bunch of Derby's. I remember liking Shark's (they had cool wrappers), but don't remember if they were Chrome's or the other ones. Regardless, I thought I'd see the opinion of those Sharks and just the easy to get bulk brands from Amazon. Thanks!

Say it isn't so!!

Tough to recommend Sharks as these have not worked that well for me (not the worst, not the best IME).

Suggest spending a bit more/blade by ordering one of the samplers to dial in precisely what you like before committing to a bulk purchase. I KNOW, buying in bulk in as better deal/blade, but this cuts the variety and fun of the chase.

I got a load of Shark SS from bestshave.net at a tad over 8c/blade.
I'd spent 2-3 months cycling through all of the lauded blades on here, from Dorco and Astra up to Feather. And I decided for Shark SS.
I use no other blade, I'm a daily shaver, and I get 7 days per blade.
I use Mühle R41 exclusively.
A combination made in heaven. I've never regretted my choice.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It's not on Amazon, but you can pick up 200 Personna Reds for about $23 shipped to the USA on Shaving.ie.

I'm one of those weirdos that doesn't care for Astra blades.

Sounds like I might go for a sampler. I never really did that in the first place. hmmm.

After trying a bunch of different blades, I ordered 100 each of the Personna Blues, GSB, Gillette 7 O'clock yellows, Astra SP, and 50 Shark Chrome. I like them all, but I'm finding the best balance between smoothness and sharpness in the Personnas... this week. I'm really enjoying them.

Lab Blues here. I have about 150 of them. Tough to beat.

GSB, or the one blade I had was excellent. 7 O'clock Yellow used to be my blade of choice when I used SuperSpeeds and other mild razors. Still are, I have quite a few left.

But I always drift back to Personna "lab blue". I get 4-6 good shaves per blade, and at $13/100, they are a great deal!

Top Bottom