What's new

So, what treats are you putting out for Halloween

and eating yourself if the little hobgoblins don't show up.

I've got Haribo Gold Bears, Twix Cookies & Cream, and Butterfingers. You?

Reactions: Avi

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Don’t get any treaters out here in the country. But we always have some type of candy on hand regardless of halloween. Snickers, or Nerds, or Airheads, or Twix, or really anything else candy related.

We got the dentist on speed dial. He sends us Christmas cards.

Due to COVID we will not be passing out candy this year. My wife and I are both high risk so we will be DARK this year. Not something that I am proud of but it is just a risk we are unwilling to take. I hope next year at this time things are better and we can participate in the time honored tradition of increasing the dental bills of the parents of the gremlins of this fine city. Halloween and trick or treating gave me so many great memories as a kid. 2020 has been such a buzz kill.

Due to COVID we will not be passing out candy this year. My wife and I are both high risk so we will be DARK this year. Not something that I am proud of but it is just a risk we are unwilling to take. I hope next year at this time things are better and we can participate in the time honored tradition of increasing the dental bills of the parents of the gremlins of this fine city. Halloween and trick or treating gave me so many great memories as a kid. 2020 has been such a buzz kill.
Yeah, I'm just putting it in a plastic pumpkin by the front door. High risk as well.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If we got treaters here I wouldn’t hand them out either. Mainly cause I just don’t want to deal with the constant door knocking and TRICK OR TREEEEEEETTTTT!!!. But also cause COVID.

I would put a big ole bowl of candy out with a sign that says “take one”. And another that says “smile, you’re on camera”

Same and we have a 7 year old daughter. Just not worth it.

My wife and older boys are planning a huge candy hunt for her inside, so I will just eat Kit Kats, Twix and Rolos and watch. 👍

Not doing it this year either for most the the same reasons others have stated.
Since I happen to have a six year old and want her to still enjoy Halloween this year, I'm hiding candy around the house and backyard for her to scavenge for, similar to an Easter egg hunt. Thankfully she understands and looks forward to searching for her sweets.

I gave my mom 12 pieces of candy and a plastic pumpkin to put outside as I expect her to get next to no one this year - where she lives she does not get alot of people any year. She is mad at me and wants me to go back over (1.7 mile walk each way with a real feel temp today of 30 degrees) to put out more.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Gotta feel for the little ones. A kid in second grade has no perspective on any of this- they think this is how life goes. I pray they're wrong.

We're in one of the few cities in the Metro Milwaukee area that's actually assigning a date and time for trick-or-treating. We're expecting a ton of kids from surrounding communities.

I try to buy candy that my wife and I avoid. Sweet tarts, Nerds, gummy worms. suckers. Anything with chocolate won't make it the kids bags. We'll eat it long before Halloween.

I'm still debating this question. With our youngest reaching 27 years old and our grandson not in town, we don't really get into the spirit like we used to. The past several years we've left a bowl on the porch and stayed inside. I see the pain the pandemic has caused our grandson, especially when playgrounds were shut down. It's hard to watch a 4 year old look longingly at a public park and swing set without feeling like a jerk for not letting him loose to play. I really feel for the little ones this year. It's not fair.

I try to buy candy that my wife and I avoid. Sweet tarts, Nerds, gummy worms. suckers. Anything with chocolate won't make it the kids bags. We'll eat it long before Halloween.
You can send the left over Sweet Tarts my way. Gave up on lollies, at the end of the day the rest of the candy would be gone and We'd just have a bunch of lollies left.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
babydails:
How many pieces of candy per child do you give...maybe a little more for the one(s) who has a outstanding / creative / 'outside the box' / original costume
proxy.php

We usually give two (3), pieces per child and three (3), for 'originality'. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Trick or treat, trick or treat give me something good to eat". Popular Slogan

Top Bottom