What's new

So What Razor Could You Not Do Without...Ever?

None, really. Two main reasons:

1) All of the razors I have get me where I want to go, just differently. No one of them is inherently better at it. The difference in using them mostly lies within my wielding of them, coaxing out their best qualities.

2) Generally speaking, I prefer not to cultivate that level of attachment to things. At the end of the day, it's just a hunk of metal regardless of how much money I threw after it.

Btw, regarding #2, I absolutely understand and unequivocally support keeping and maintaining razors that may have belonged to someone special. In that instance, the object's value has clearly transcended whatever it was originally meant for.

My razors may not mean the world to me, but they just might end up being quite important to my son once I've departed.

Not really. I love my two Wolfman razors, but could easily be happy with my Karve, Razorock GameChanger, vintage Gillette Slim or Aristocrat, etc.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have a # of razors that shave similar but the most consistent and enjoyable shave would be my Vintage Star bar #4 lather catcher, Mfg 1919-20, I like using it with a new Gem Personna SS PTFE blade & it just ticks all the boxes most of the time for quality shaves and is a tame mid range razor that gives stellar close shaves!
(Old archived photo of my Star Bar #4 lather catcher.)
Star lather catcher Model #4 MFG 1919-20(2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Probably my ATT Windsor..... But that's unfair since it's multiple plates. If I had to have one razor/plate it would be the Henson medium

Top Bottom