What's new

So What Razor Could You Not Do Without...Ever?

The Karve Christopher Bradley in brass, B or C plate. The most phenomenal shavers in our solar system.
I tend to agree with you on the CB, but my pick is the Gillette Slim, which I used today for the first time on setting 9, and got a long lasting BBS. Almost as good as my R41, but without the fear and trepidation. The Slim was the razor I learned to shave with in 1962! I even bought a special edition Prospector Slim in Rhodium and 24 kt. Gold. Have yet to use that one, and may never get around to it.

After spending the last 15 years trying every razor I could get my hands on , I’ve settled on a GC .84. For me it’s simply the best shaving razor I have ever used and the fact that it’s so affordable is a bonus. I spent $400+ on dozens of razors , I’ve searched for every unobtanium for countless hours and at the end of the day I decided based on performance and satisfaction I would only need this one razor. Simply perfect imo.

I agree with your assessment of the Game Changer. It is a wonderful change of pace when I get to use mine. I think it would survive a thousand years of use, and still look good! Better stock up on blades I guess.

Yeah, that's probably true, but I had an R41 a few years ago and just couldn't master it to the point where I wasn't nicked, cut or weeping after shaving.

I had a bout of RAD and picked up a Gillette rocket HD and can't seem to get a bloodless shave no matter what blade I use. I get perfect shaves from a regular rocket with the same head. That 8-10 gram weight difference and thicker handle throws off the whole equation.

I had a bout of RAD and picked up a Gillette rocket HD and can't seem to get a bloodless shave no matter what blade I use. I get perfect shaves from a regular rocket with the same head. That 8-10 gram weight difference and thicker handle throws off the whole equation.
I hear ya, it's funny but I read the FlatBoy was on a par of aggressiveness as the R41...however I bought one and its been an outstanding razor for me.

I have two. Karve Overlander and my Henson Ti22 mild Enhanced Edition.

Both of these razors are perfect for my face and head shaves. They are gentle, forgiving, take down lots of growth and are complete cruise control for my irritation free BBS shave.

No drama and no fuss from either of these glorious razors. They do the job and feel amazing when doing it.

Last edited:

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've been using my Wolfman WR1 virtually every day for the past 7 years when I'm home. That would seem to fit the bill, but I shaved before I got the Wolfman, so you could say that I can't do without it if you're heavily into hyperbole - but I actually do have some other nice razors that just sit around waiting for me to travel and then they whisper, "Take me!" So it's apparently the one razor I have no intention of doing without, but that's as far as I'm going. I'm one fussy curmudgeon, but I'm not quite that bad - yet.

Tatara Muramasa for me. Since I bought it I rarely even grab my other razors. It shaves so smooth and close. I don't even think about the angle, it just works. Somehow it always feels right. Plus it's beautifully made, which is also nice. Setting 4 is my sweet spot. I use other razors from time to time, but I won't lie, they don't feel the same.

This is a really interesting post.

Do you mean the Rocket with the aluminium handle that comes in at around 58 gms?
IMG_20221028_204923335.jpg

I picked up an immaculate cased Rocket HD a few months back but I haven't used it yet.
IMG_20230610_182413179.jpg

It's an early 50's Pat Pending example coming in at 70 gms.

Is it a more aggressive shaver?

Last edited:
For me it would be the razor that combines the highest degree of smoothness with the highest degree of efficiency. I have a good representation of modern razors with the ATT Windsor SSRH leading the smoothest and most efficient.

Top Bottom