What's new

So What Razor Could You Not Do Without...Ever?

Over the last 27+ years of wet shaving, I collected many razors. But off late, I either gave away or sold those that don't quite work for me. I am now down to 8 razors that I love and they work well with all my favorite blades. But if I really had to choose 1 that I can't do without, it would have to be my Merkur Progress.

I have two vintage razors that have a lot of nostalgic value which will be passed down when my shaving days are over.
But I have found the perfect daily shaver for me, which is a Rex Envoy. And being happy with everything about it, and not being a collector, I see no need to acquire anything else.
But could I live without it? Sure, I could always grow a beard! :biggrin1:

I think I can live without my razors and go back to cartridges without dying. No real sentimental value. But I'm definitely enjoying my journey with DE so I would like to never let go of my Blackbird Lite SS and I'd like to keep at least one of my Lupos, 72 or 95.

I have 2 razors that I would be heartbroken to lose:

1. Merkur Progress 500 which was the first DE Razor I bought (about 20/25 years ago).
2. Merkur 42C which provides just about the best shave I can get from any razor I own

I would miss my other razors, but I wouldn't be heartbroken.

There are none that I couldn’t do without. But the one I would currently replace if something happened would be the Henson. It provides a mindless, drama-free shave every time.

I have used a lot of razors both modern and vintage and while there are a lot of both that I really enjoy, the Ti Blackbird SB stomps all of them in comparison. I'm still buying and trying new razors and I do enjoy most of them, but so far the Blackbird remains my absolutly favorite and at some point I might sell everything I own and just keep the Bird.

I recently acquired a Gillette Flair it is my daily shaver. When in hurry still use Schick disposable. When the last one is trashed. That is the end of any disposable for me.

Probably my Blackland Blackbird Ti. Standard plate. I also have the Lite plate, but I can get a "Lite" shave out of the standard plate if I adjust the angle. I usually do 3 pass shaves with the standard, but a 1 pass will suffice. So efficient. Very smooth once I've dialed in the angle.

My Henson AL 13 Medium is just the best ever "I'm in a hurry, can't concentrate, need a great shave." The Overlander is about perfect for me. And my Chiseld Face Legacy Ti is fun to use.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I have used a lot of razors both modern and vintage and while there are a lot of both that I really enjoy, the Ti Blackbird SB stomps all of them in comparison. I'm still buying and trying new razors and I do enjoy most of them, but so far the Blackbird remains my absolutly favorite and at some point I might sell everything I own and just keep the Bird.

Probably my Blackland Blackbird Ti. Standard plate. I also have the Lite plate, but I can get a "Lite" shave out of the standard plate if I adjust the angle. I usually do 3 pass shaves with the standard, but a 1 pass will suffice. So efficient. Very smooth once I've dialed in the angle.

My Henson AL 13 Medium is just the best ever "I'm in a hurry, can't concentrate, need a great shave." The Overlander is about perfect for me. And my Chiseld Face Legacy Ti is fun to use.
Right there with you gents - the TiBird is shaving perfection for me.

For me hard to pick from my Blackbird and Yates H. Both are a delight to use and perform like no others in my den.

After spending the last 15 years trying every razor I could get my hands on , I’ve settled on a GC .84. For me it’s simply the best shaving razor I have ever used and the fact that it’s so affordable is a bonus. I spent $400+ on dozens of razors , I’ve searched for every unobtanium for countless hours and at the end of the day I decided based on performance and satisfaction I would only need this one razor. Simply perfect imo.

I know the feeling!

Top Bottom