What's new

So what is next for Omega?

I feel like Omega took a massive step forward with the introduction of Connaught’s Jade brush in boar. Don’t get me wrong, the Italian flag is one of my favorite brushes and I can see why the pro line has so many fans around the world, but the Jade with it’s premium hair, short dense knot and resin handle felt like they were finally putting out a brush to compete directly with Semogue‘s SOC and LE brushes. So the question is, what’s next? Was that it? Its been a few years now and there doesn’t seem to be a follow up. I personally feel the brush is greatly underpriced and if allowed to be sold outside of just Connaught's, it would be a huge success. Myself, I would change nothing with the knot, I love everything about it and it’s Persian jar shape handle is also fantastic. So what I would like Omega to know, is that if they ever decided to build different versions of this brush with different colored resin handles, I would be all over it, especially in ebony! I can’t imagine I’m the only one that feels this way…
769F2B0F-2450-4E0C-A3F6-D85FFB9DF25D.jpeg

Personally, I would like to see an update to the 10086 "bigger bambino". Give it a nice and dense unbleached knot, and a solid handle (currently has a very cheap feeling plastic handle). I like small brushes, but the 10086 is just a little too meh for me.

Personally, I would like to see an update to the 10086 "bigger bambino". Give it a nice and dense unbleached knot, and a solid handle (currently has a very cheap feeling plastic handle). I like small brushes, but the 10086 is just a little too meh for me.
I agree, Omega has quite a few brushes that if they offered them unbleached in resin handles, I would definitely pick up.

I feel like Omega took a massive step forward with the introduction of Connaught’s Jade brush in boar. Don’t get me wrong, the Italian flag is one of my favorite brushes and I can see why the pro line has so many fans around the world, but the Jade with it’s premium hair, short dense knot and resin handle felt like they were finally putting out a brush to compete directly with Semogue‘s SOC and LE brushes. So the question is, what’s next? Was that it? Its been a few years now and there doesn’t seem to be a follow up...
The Jade was actually requested as a special order item by Paul Mayhew, the owner of the Connaught Shaving shop. The handle was originally used on one of the more expensive Omega badger brushes. The knot is a standard Omega boar knot, set at a lower loft.

I think the idea of a premium boar brush is a little foreign to most Italians. They mostly see the boar brush as an common, inexpensive item you get at the market or drugstore, along with the $2 tubes of shaving cream.

As an owner of a few omega brushes, I'd love to see more clear handle designs of the synth range, especially the S brush knot. My be some more synth knot development or even that made handle with an S Brush knot..........mama 🤩🤩

Top Bottom